• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wafcol Puppy Food ???

Harvey

Hi Everyone!

Hope that everyone had a great Christmas!!!

Has anyone experience of Wafcol - only Harvey has tried JWB, Butchers, Beta, Royal Cannin and now Hill ID all of which have given him an upset tummy - he even now has a small amount of blood in his stools - the vets have taken a sample of this and are going to let me know the results which apparently will not be untill the New Year!

My local pet shop have suggested Wafcol Puppy as its a potato based food which is supposed to be better for his tummy??

I just thought i would ask the group before i brought some as i have already spent a fair bit on food that ends up in the bin!

How long did you try feeding each of all those different foods? I'd suggest feeding something like James Wellbeloved or Burns, both being very good for sensitive stomachs. And leave the dog on it for at least 2-3 weeks plus whatever time it takes to make a gradual transition to the new food.

Eliminate any treats as well -- a lot of times people keep giving treats that are causing the problems.

I'd be reluctant to put a dog on a food without protein sources, instead I'd try something like James Wellbolved white fish variety as that is an unusual protein source and less likely to cause problems.

I'm assuming you have wormed him thoroughly and so forth as worms often cause both stomach upset and blood in stools.

Another option is to make homecooked diets and have more control over what you feed.

Back