• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Walking a puppy, how long? Pavement walking?

I'm quite sure I haven't walked Dylan for too long. It's just the pavement issue I wonder about. :flwr: The fireworks just started as I typed that :shock: People are always having fireworks here, all year round, money to burn! I hoovered today with Dylan in the room in his crate, he didn't mind at all, he just lay there I even hoovered a few inches from the crate and he didn't flinch, yay. :D I've put his crate under the dinner table, a chair broke so it's where the chair was. It works out well like this. Previously he was in the kitchen and I had to plug in a heater at night as it's very cold otherwise. The lounge is warmer and the crate was driving me mad being in the way.

My deck steps are very high. Lily does go up and down them when I take her out. I'm afraid I'll fall with her if I carry her because she is getting bigger. Especially at night, because I can't see as well. Will this cause problems for her legs? There are about 16 steps. She started using the steps about a months ago. Before that we were carrying her. She is 20 weeks.

I have 5 steps to the back garden too. For the same reason, the chance of falling while carrying, I let Dylan walk up and down. Each step used to be 3 bricks high which I found hard to climb myself, we had a builder make them 2 bricks high. I did nearly fall once when I carried a Yorkie down them, I didn't drop her but she got a good squeeze :sl*p:

Right....I figured better to let her walk than drop her. I did almost fall with her one night, and that's when I started letting her walk. There's no way she can fall through the sides, because they are enclosed, and the steps aren't open. We would both be hurt if I fell while carrying her.

Back