Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HOMED: Cav Mix Needs Home

Post Thanks / Like

Default HOMED: Cav Mix Needs Home

Sassy was found at our local humane society where she was out of time but rather then let her be put down a friend of mine picked her up.

She is definitely a mix . about 1.5 years old 10 lbs and is very very lovable . She is very scared right now and is submissive wetting.
    Is getting along well with other dogs.
    She was just Spayed on the 20th and is doing well. Rhonda has many foster dogs and can't keep her. I told her I would put the word out for her .
    Sassy is located in St. Joseph, Michigan.

Phone : Home 269-925-2488 Work : 269-923-4260
    Email: Rhonda_Immoos@whirlpool.com

Kim
    Reggie, Honey & Missy
    Coloma, Michigan USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is one cute little dog. There is the occasional all black throwback BTW within cavalier lines -- there once was an all black version. I would suggest emailing BruceH on this site as his wife Kris is rescue coordinator in Minnesota -- they may be able to help with this one. But even better maybe someone here would be interested -- she is darling.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe she is a purebred...I don't know.
    She is really nice and I hope someone from our group could help her find her new home.
    Kim
    Reggie, Honey & Missy
    Coloma, Michigan USA

Post Thanks / Like

She is a real beauty. I work with someone who has been talking about finding a cavalier rescue, so I forwarded the info. onto her. She has rescued dogs before and she knows what is involved in giving them a good new home.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like

She is gorgeous. She looks like a purebred to me- that head is pure cavalier!
    Good luck with her!
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

Sassy is lovely.

She seems to have a lot of Cavalier features...what kind of "mix" is she??

I hope she gets a good home soon!

Mic Guest

What a doll! I love her coloring. If she were closer......or if anyone could help me get her to Arkansas....I'd snatch her in a heartbeat. She just grabs me for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like

She is very pretty. if she is a mix, I'd say the other part was american cocker, but, as Karlin says, there used to be all black cavaliers, so she could be a throw back or from a line kept up.

What apitty she's not over here, as a lady contcted me only a short while ago, as she wanted another cavalier, having lost hers , suddenly, at a very young age.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will foster her until she finds a home. We originally thought Cocker spaniel mix but after Karlins post I agree she looks like it is just a color thing and that she is pure bred.

I am just waiting for Rhonda to get into her office this morning.

Everyone in the USA please forward this on to all of your contacts.

Bruce,

If you have anyone interested please let me know.

Thank you all for your response..I would not let a cavalier fall into the wrong hands or be put down.

Thanks again
    Kim
    Reggie, Honey & Missy
    Coloma, Michigan USA

Mic Guest

I contacted Rhonda and told her I'd love to keep her little rescue if we could figure out a way to get her to Arkansas. Kinda crazy since I'm already involved with rescue, but I'm so drawn to this little gal's pic and story for some reason. Anyway, here's what Rhonda told me about her:

Well, I've had her since yesterday afternoon. I thought she was a cocker until I saw how teeny tiny she was. I have a 14lb pb black cocker (who's considered too small for the breed) and she is 1/2 his size. I am already in love with her. She is very quiet and clingy. Some submissive wetting but I wouldn't think that is too unusual given the trauma she's been thru recently. She was spayed on 12/20 while at the shelter, dumped by her "family" the first part of December, then adopted out 2 times and returned for the wetting. One party claimed she was a biter - but couldn't give any description to the kennel manager. I see absolutely NO signs of biting. I rescue cockers and have rehabilitated my fair share of owner surrender dogs due to alleged biting.

I would like to evaluate her a bit more to see what is really going on. If she has issues, I feel it is best for her and any potential adopter to know what they are. More often than not -- - -I think it is the PEOPLE who get dogs without understanding the breed, its needs, etc... that have the issues, rather than the dog itself. The only 2 variables I cannot test is kids & cats - I have neither. So far she has been wonderful with the cockers, even the specials needs ones. She's sort of velcro like right now but that may change. I'll keep you posted on her status. I work with S* Cocker Rescue who may end up accepting her - but I have not confirmed that?
    I told Rhonda that if it didn't work out for me, I'd be happy to help spread the word to help her place the pup. It sounds like Rhonda is doing a great job with her.