• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello all

My name is Christy and I live in Fort Worth, Texas with my husband and 5 furkids. My dogs are my life. I am completely obsessed with them. I would give anything if I could be a stay at home doggy mommy, but unfortunately kibble, heartworm and flea preventative and vet bills cost money.
I work as a child abuse and neglect investigator for the State of Texas. I love my job, but it wears me out and is very emotionally draining. All of my babies are so helpful. They help my soul heal everynight when I come home.
I am not very good with computers so I have not figured out how to post a picture.
As I said, I have 5 babies
Remmington is our CKCS. He is a tri boy and he is about 20 months old.
Skittle is our Italian Greyhound. He is blue and white and is 18 months old.
Buddy is our Greyhound Retired Racer Rescue and he is a big black boy and he just turned 5.
Tugboat is our Yorkie. He is still a puppy and still has his adorable puppy coat.
Sophie is our Diva Dog. We think she is a cross between a shitzu and maltese. She is also 5.
So we have a house full, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Our Remmington came from a breeder in Oklahoma. They had purchases Remmington as a stud dog, and paid a lot of money for him. Well come to find out he is sterile so they basically gave him away and we were lucky enough to be the folks they gave him too. He is the sweetest baby. He just melts my heart everytime I look at him.
I am glad to be a part of this group. It is nice to be around others who understand what it is like to love our dogs like we do.

Hi Christy--welcome!! Looks like we're neighbors. You'll love this board--such great information and wonderful people. Sounds like you have a house full of puppy love!

Just an fyi--there's been a CKCS Club recently started in DFW. I'll pm you some details and the date/location of our next meeting.

Happy New Year! :jump:

Hi Christy. Welcome. I look forward to reading more of your posts. With a family that big, you're sure to have lots to share.

Wow Christy you have a full house too. I have 3 CKCS's and 2 Shih Tzu's.

I thought I had a stressful job.. yours far outweighs mine. (Police radio dispatcher) Kudos to you :rah: for the work you do, which is so vital in our communities but can be so hard to do. Its bad enough to see the abuse that people inflict on animals, but I would never be able to handle the abuse that some people inflict on their kids. :swear:

My dogs are my sanity... after I come home I can be so mentally wiped out, and just to fall in the middle of the floor with my babies can be so revitilizing

Hello Christy. That's a very stressful job you have. I had a neighbour who did the same thing but not for long. She could not handle it.
Everything I have read about our dogs emphasizes that they are wonderful dogs for people with high stress jobs.
I am sure that all of your dogs help a lot.
Pam

Hi Christy and welcome. Sounds like you have a wonderful doggie family. What a neat combination you have. Isn't amazing how they are able to heal our souls? I can imagine how stressful and emotional your job is. Good that you have a happy home to come home to.

Welcome Welcome!!

I know exactly how stressful your job is. I worked for a residential treatment facilty for abused and neglected youth as a primary caregiver. I was basically foster mom to a group of 10 kids ages 4-8, with a primary "family" that I was responsible for (parent teacher conferences, buying their clothes, tooth fairy duty etc :) ) These little guys and gals had been kicked out of at least 12 foster placements before they came to us so the term "behavioral issues" does not even scratch the surface. I worked there for a year, but the 14 hour shifts, coming home at night completly shut off from the world emotionally and getting kicked all day made it too difficult to stay. I still mentor there because I love my babies, but it was very difficult to work your a$@ off with a child to have them go back to the family that screwed them up in the first place. :swear: :bang: (My mini rant about the Foster care system in Florida)

Dogs are so healing...mine were absolute therapy at the end of the day. It's nice to have someone to relate too!!! :D

Hi Christy! Sounds like you have a full house! Hopefully we will get to see photos of your furkids soon! Sounds like quite the mix!

icon_welcome
Bienvenue ! Christie.
You have got a nice family. We are looking foward to having photos !!

Back