• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppia leads beware

matties mum

A while ago Karlin put something about puppia leads breaking just had this happen to me the clip broke off so be careful please no one was hurt----Aileen

Oh, that is awful! Thank goodness nobody got hurt!

I wonder if anyone has alerted the manufacturer, or the Puppia company?!

I don't have a Puppia lead, but I'm a big supporter of Lupine Leads if anyone is intersted. Lucky and Razz have had them for ages. They have a 100% lifetime guarantee against chewing. The company will replace either for free if the pup chews through them.

Lucky has the "Good Heavens" Pattern:

http://www.lupinepet.com/dog/med_dog.php

I've seen a few Lupine collars on some other dogs on this board too. ;-)

They are a nice alternative to the matching Puppia, and as far as I can tell so far, VERY good quality. They all have cute print designs, but can compliment the Puppias nicely.

I totally agree with the Lupine leads, Lani. The harnesses are pretty good too. We've had one of Pixie's leads since the day we brought her home over 2 years ago, and it's in perfect condition...even after being chewed, coated in Bitter Apple, soaked in vinegar, and peed on. ;) They have cute patterns too.

We have the lupine leads too!
Geordie has Good Heavens
India has Sunset Stripe
Chocolate has Atlantis

Lani said:
I don't have a Puppia lead, but I'm a big supporter of Lupine Leads if anyone is intersted. Lucky and Razz have had them for ages. They have a 100% lifetime guarantee against chewing. The company will replace either for free if the pup chews through them.

Lucky has the "Good Heavens" Pattern:

http://www.lupinepet.com/dog/med_dog.php

I've seen a few Lupine collars on some other dogs on this board too. ;-)

They are a nice alternative to the matching Puppia, and as far as I can tell so far, VERY good quality. They all have cute print designs, but can compliment the Puppias nicely.

My fil sells these at his vet clinic... they are really nice! And they use them for thier JRT

Oh I love the Lupine Leads I bought one, two years ago when I got Andrea and it does stil look like brand new :D

But I have to tell my friend ownes a cav. pup and she bought a Lupin harness for him becouse I had told her how great they were, her pup chewed through it,
I didn´t know that the company would replace another free, but maby they don´t offer that here at home :roll:

My sister's dog was starting to chew through his harness too (during his really rough puppy chewing days. She emailed them and they said, please send it in right away and they would replace it no problem. She even had a discontinued pattern and they'd reserved some to replace it. She never sent it in though becuase she found the puppia harness and decided she liked it better anyway and just stuck with the Lupine lead and Puppia.

They have great customer service if anyone ever needs to take advantage of their guarantee.

Check this site out, I found it after I read your posts with glowing reports of the lupine lead. I found a store within 3.5 miles of my home that carries the product. What really cracked me up was under "Indoor Services" they offer Doggy Birthday Pawties. It's hilarious, they do doggy weddings too!!!

http://www.thebarkeryonline.com/

I can't wait to visit the store. Although, Tucker doesn't know enough dogs to have an offsite birthday party (yet!)

doggie weddings. thats too funny. my boyfriends mom works at a vet clinic and one of their customers had a doggie wedding and they had brought their pictures in to the clinic to show everyone. i'm crazy about my dog, i love him so much and he's like my child, but i think that might be taking it a little too far. the price isn't bad for it though from that place linked above. i guess it would be a cute idea, but i wouldn't want to spend much more for something like that. just my thought. :)

I am of the same mind Lauren, I've no intention of marrying Tucker off to anyone lol and I haven't reached the stage of meeting with party planners to celebrate events in Tucker's life.

and yet.... I never imagined 16 months ago I'd be discussing the firmness of dogpoop with anyone, let alone, anyone that will listen. :lol: Nothing in my prior 46 years prepared me for me this new direction in my life, and it has been a delightful surprise to a woman approaching menopause!

Joanne M said:
and yet.... I never imagined 16 months ago I'd be discussing the firmness of dogpoop with anyone, let alone, anyone that will listen. :lol: Nothing in my prior 46 years prepared me for me this new direction in my life, and it has been a delightful surprise to a woman approaching menopause!

Isn't that the truth, Joanne! :lol: My girls seem to have taken over my life, in a good way of course!

We had a Lupine lead that Katie chewed right through when she was little. I sure wish I had known about their replacement policy before I threw it out. :sl*p:

Joanne - I am with you on that one. If anyone would have told me 5 years ago what I would be doing today with regards to dogs I would have told them they were nuts!!

We know we're blessed to have these amazing cavaliers, or "furbabies" as I'm saying more and more often to refer to Tucker. Saying my dog, or my pet, doesn't seem to assign a great enough importance. *yuck* here I go again, I'm a total sap!

One thing I can say for sure is this is a wonderful community to belong to.

Back