Thread: What size puppia harness should I buy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What size puppia harness should I buy?

I have a 16 week old puppy who is a great walker apart from one thing - he pulls like crazy when a car goes past.

So much he can start to choke himself and yesterday he was foaming at the mouth!

What sized puppia harness should I buy? IVe seen them for sale on eBay in the UK, but I havent a clue!

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the messures

Small: fits neck up to 10", chest girth 12.5 - 16.5"
    Medium: fits neck up to 11.5", chest girth 14 - 19"
    Large: fits neck up to 13", chest girth 18 - 23"
    Grima mommy of two wonderful cavaliers Andrea(blenheim) and Diva (ruby)

-Assa tricolor cavalier waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If the pulling is really the issue, I'd suggest the easy walk harness. I posted a question about it a while ago and it has helped a lot with Lucky.

He was still forging ahead with the Puppia, but with the Easy Walk he doesn't. I was worried too that he'd hurt himself from the pulling. Here's the link from my post if it helps.

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5832

Lucky is 16.5 lbs though - so I can't help you on sizing, but if it is something you want to try, others might be able to suggest sizes. I think I hot Lucky a small. A puppy as small as yours would probalby need smaller.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

The Canny Collar has been voted the Best New Product for 2006 by the UK Pet Product Retail Association

http://www.cannyco.com/

I haven´t try these becouse my girls never pull the lead, but I have heard about them and they have been told very very good

Maby the canny collar is for grown up dogs, I realized that a 16 weeks old cavalier is tiny
    Grima mommy of two wonderful cavaliers Andrea(blenheim) and Diva (ruby)

-Assa tricolor cavalier waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think your pup would probably fit a small puppia harness since he is so young. I have 3 adults who fit the medium puppia.

Sometimes members sell their small puppia harnesses in the Shopaholic forum, if you don't want to pay full price.

It's probably better for a cavalier to wear a body harness than a head-type harness, due to the possibility of SM, even if there are no SM symptoms. The head harness may jerk or pull on their head and neck areas, possibly causing pain and injury.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)