• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

CKCSC-GC A-OA Specialty Match

My Wesley

I just saw on the CKCSC-GC (Greater Chicago) webpage that there is a match coming up on January 21st in Riverwoods, IL. Is this something anyone can go to and watch as well? I'd really love to check it out and meet the other Cavalier owners there.

Thanks!

Yes-- I dont' see why not. This is an official "A" match so he'd have to be 6 months (and have open papers) to be allowed to show. Matches are a great place to learn to show your dog. It is where we first started. Sandy

Well, he's only 12 weeks now, so not to show, but just to observe. Can anyone show their dogs? I thought you had to have some sort of contract with your breeder or something like that.

My Wesley said:
Well, he's only 12 weeks now, so not to show, but just to observe. Can anyone show their dogs? I thought you had to have some sort of contract with your breeder or something like that.

Yep, the dog has to be registered without a restriction (open papers). AKC papers ringed in purple are without restriction-- those in orange (I think) are restricted (in the AKC, if you are restricted from breeding, you are restricted from showing at shows). Some matches (and some shows) like CKCSC, USA can allow dogs to be shown but not bred from.
These matches are a good place to meet some nice breeders in the area.
Sandy

BUMP! Because I'm so excited to go. I also informed a few other owners in the area that are on here. YAY!

Pictures??? We've taken pictures of the class winners-- there are no pointed dogs allowed to show. Most of the dogs that are shown are breeder puppies-- older dogs that have been purchased elsewhere and shown for practice, or pet owners that are considering showing. Sandy

OH JEEZE, I didnt know about this, can someone send me the info...Im thinking this is pretty close to me!

:( I might have to skip this as it dips into the Bears game! Urgh! Otherwise I'm just going to come for a bit in the way beginning to say hi and maybe meet a few people and then leave.

What time will you be there Sandy?

Anyone else going?

Again, the info is....

January 21, 2007 1:00 pm
Official Hours of the Match 12:00 Noon to 4:00 PM

Match Location
King’s Kennels
238 Saunders Road, Riverwoods, Illinois

My Wesley said:
:( I might have to skip this as it dips into the Bears game! Urgh! Otherwise I'm just going to come for a bit in the way beginning to say hi and maybe meet a few people and then leave.

What time will you be there Sandy?

Anyone else going?

Again, the info is....

January 21, 2007 1:00 pm
Official Hours of the Match 12:00 Noon to 4:00 PM

Match Location
King’s Kennels
238 Saunders Road, Riverwoods, Illinois

I have changed my mind three times about going or not going. I am going to try to be there at 12 noon(it is 1.5 hours one way). I have so much to do and I really don't have anyone who is "ready" to show. My girl has chewed her ears into dredlocks and my little Dickens isn't leash trained-- grrrr.

Back