• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ellie and her Daddy

kimberlya

This picture needs a little background info- I have wanted a Cav for YEARS... My fiance works out of town during the week, and when we planned to move in together he agreed to get me a little baby. Although he was excited, he said Cavaliers are "girly dogs" and that she would really just be for me. Anyway, fast forward to just a few days after getting Ellie...

341513128_fba6480523_m.jpg

341794438_dd96b64481.jpg

Needless to say he's been wrapped around her little paw since the first minute. :lol: I think he's over the "girl dog" thing. :roll: In fact, he's already asking about when we can get our next one!!!

Ellie is beautiful, how could he help but fall in love with her. Wait until she gets a little older. These are game dogs. They love to play, and at least my dog exhibits quite a bit of athleticism. He runs like the wind. The only thing he likes more than playing fetch (they're great retrievers) is lavishing love and affection, as well as attention on everyone he meets. Ellie looks so cute in her pink puppia.

Also, I saw your question on the general section, unfortunately I have no constructive information to offer. Other than to say, sometimes they don't poop after every meal. Tucker hasn't since tonight's supper and it's 2.5 hrs later.

Awwwwww....that's the sweet little spirit of a Cavalier...even a manly man can't resisit. I have picture of mine with hubby, my dad and hubby's dad. You should see the looks on all of their faces...priceless and completely smitten.

She's a doll baby.

That's too cute! My husband thought the same thing of Cavaliers until we got Wesley. Now he really likes him and snuggles. But I'm still the one asking for another. :) Thankfully he said YES!

Awwww look how precious they are. Ellie is the name of my future Cavy if its a girl ;) And trust me Cavys grow on you like crazy. Everytime I visit breeders I want more and more much to my husband's dismay (though I think he is like your fiance...he syas no but he wants them just as much as I do :D )

Lol... I think all cavies have that effect on men... my dh wasn't thrilled when I started looking into CKCS, but now that we have our own little one coming home he is just soooo excited!

enchantingdragon said:
Cavys grow on you like crazy. :D )

LOL tell us all!

Even my hubby adores them now....even naughty little Ellis that ended up in the vets today cos she scoffed half a box of chocs! how she got past me into the room is a mystery and then she had to jump on top of the freezer to get them...before I knew what had happened she was behind the door with the box on the floor EMPTY.

A quick dash to the vets and a vomit :yikes and now she is fine. This one is a naughty one, always up to tricks! ;) and totally a daddy's girl.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Very typical "Daddy" behavior! I think most of us can relate! Josh begged me to get a corgi as that is all that his family has, but I was set on a cavalier, so of course I prevailed. He loves Spencer, but boy oh boy when we got Izzy, he was smitten. She was daddy's girl from the get-go. :roll: :lol:

Great pics! Too cute! :flwr:

Same here. My husband wasn't even a dog person. Lily was supposed to be my Christmas present. Now, she is a total Daddy's girl. He is even talking about when we get another. Don't know what it is with these little girls and their Daddy's. He doesnt even like me to correct Lily. He'll say "but Mommy, she's just a baby girl". So funny.

:lol: My hubby had always had big dogs but I was determined to get a Cavalier.

We brought Maxx home and about 20 minutes later, hubby said 'Call the breeder back and ask if we can have another' - we couldn't as she kept them :?

Funny how such a big guy is so bowled over by them though. Whenever I get a foster in or one comes to stay, they always end up asleep on his lap or lying along him on the sofa :lol:

Now he tells everyone he'd never have any other breed of dog. he always says no to any more but if I brought them home he wouldn't really care - he even moves over for Whitney to lie on the bed when she comes to stay :lol:

Ha ha glad he has had his little induction into the Cavalier world, and that it seems like a common theme! :lol: Love it...

My husband wanted a "real" dog. So, our first was a lab. Who do you think takes the "real" dog to obedience class? Me. So, this time around. I got my Cavalier. Guess who calls her biscuit instead of Libby? Yep, hubby!

Back