• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The best Pet Health Insurance?

Pavane

I have read all the posts and still am in a quandry. Since Barkleigh's nasty accident (about $350, which is not bad because it included surgery and an overnight stay and 3 vet visits), I should have acted earlier but could not make up my mind. Pet Plan is not available in Florida.

Does anyone have experience with the AKC which sounds quite good?

Barkleigh's stitches came out today! The wound looks like it is separating, but it is not and he is in full monster mode, so that's good, right?

AKC & Pet Plan

Forget AKC--just phoned and they do not cover hereditary diseases except for the diagnosis.

Pet Plan sounds best, but they are not in Florida yet. They say they will be in early 2007.

I might hold out...

sigh of relief

Will check it out. Sounds good and has hereditary.

Also found the little metal part that was missing. Barkleigh takes all his treasures under the dining room table and it was under a toy along with a pencil eraser. And I know just which pencil. Believe me, these items are hard to get to AND he has very little unobserved time...but he is fast!

sounds like a challenging child :sl*p:
zack occasionally gets into small sharp objects. I found some plastic boxes in all different sizes cheap at Big Lots, with snap on lids, and i put all those little objects in there, and also my fuzzy shaggy mukluks that he thought were a dog toy when i brought them home, he got excited jumping up and down waiting for me to throw them for him. So to avoid any mistake, i keep them in the box with the pens and other small objects. Just trying to figure out what works.

i had petcare for years on my cat and never used it. then i got it for zack. I've had positive experiences. i have, for Zack, quick care gold double coverage with 100% coverage. I just pay a $50 deductible per incident, not bad on a $600 claim. They have paid claims fast and communicate well, once i learned their procedures.

Before choosing them, i looked at as many plans as i could find, and this seemed to be the only choice. I am always interested in hearing about other choice.

I have Pet Care as well. I primarliy chose it because it covers hereditary and genetic conditions and from the recommendations of other members. I haven't used it yet.

I've had PetCare Insurance for couple of years--love it and have used it many times with no problems.

Back