• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A Story about Sam

matties mum

This is a stroy about Sam I never thought that my O/H would argee to me having another dog so one day when he was coming home from work I ask I will never forget the day it was my Birthday and he said we will talk about it when he got home we had a talk and he did argee so I started to look for a rescue dog CKCS after a bit Karlin put in the rescue page about needing a home for a dog who might live a while or only a week or two and I said if you can get him to the UK I would willing take him so began a seach for transport to get him to me First I must thank the SPCA who had rescue him Then I must thank Yvonne who took care of him for about a week next I must thank Cecily for bring him over to the UK when she pick up her new little one I will never know how to thank Karlin for letting me have Sam The next one to thank is NESSR for getting him to me I will always think of you all eveytime I look at Sam and may he live a long time with me I also must thank my vet who say to take him any time I am worryabout him----Aileen

AileenSam.jpg

Aileen, you have me in tears. Your story is very moving to me. I think they were all angels that helped bring Sam to you. You of course are also an angel, giving Sam the happy life he deserves. May you be blessed with years to come with Sam. Loving must add years to lives, you know it will add quality.

Bless you for your willingness to take Sam and to give him a wonderful life for however long he may have with you.

You are a special person, and Sam deserves nothing less. May the time you have together be filled with sunshine, butterflies, long walks and much cuddling.

Ah Aileen.
You have me in tears here. :(
He was such a beautiful boy and i'm so glad he went to such a nice person like yourself. May you bring bring each other many years of happiness.
Bless you, and thanks for posting that lovely picture
Yvonne

The very start of the story was a board member named Kathleen :flwr: (who lurks but doesn't, I think, post) who saw the ad for Sam on an online ads site as an ex-stud dog going for free. She was very worried and emailed me. I rang the number and the owner was happy to have help rehoming him as he didn't want him to end up in a bad place; he kindly drove him some distance to the Roscommon SPCA, which was closer to him than me but still quite a drive for him. I've had a good partnership with the Roscommon SPCA and we've been able to help each other with several dogs now. :) A friend of one of the women at the SPCA was coming to Dublin and brought him to Yvonne, saving me a full day of driving as well. Yvonne, Cecily and Billy took over for the remainder of his Dublin stay then his journey across to Scotland; Paula (Murphy's Mum) collected and took him there, keeping him overnight before driving him all the way to NESSR, who then brought him to Aileen.

I am so grateful to all who helped with this dog from beginning to end but especially Aileen who offered him a home when I was afraid he might not be able to find one at all and that let me set the rescue operation going.

As it turns out, my vet here feels he has a far more promising future than at first was believed, now that he is onto the correct medications at the correct doses and also has a warm, and loving home. I know this dog has stolen the hearts of everyone he stayed with so I know he is extra special as that doesn't always happen.

I hope he has wonderful times with Aileen and her husband and other dogs; it is the perfect home for him.

:)

Aileen, your story about Sam is a lovely one, and it really seems like a miracle to me how everything fell into place and all these wonderful people played a part in bringing Sam to you. He is precious, and so fortunate to be carried over the miles to you and your OH. Bless you for giving him a warm and loving home. :lotsaluv:

What a beautiful story Aileen. You two make a wonderful pair. Just looking at that picture makes me grin ear to ear!

Aileen, you've certainly changed the world for Sam :lotsaluv: and I'm so glad he's changed your world :dogwlk:

Isn't it great when it all comes together!!

:flwr: :hug:

Aileen, Sam is a beauty and he looks so well.

He's on good medications and it looks like he's having fun. A lovely story - a dream come true for you and Sam :)

I am so happy this little man is getting what he truly deserves. It is amazing what a little love (and the right medication ;) ) can do for a pup, so lets hope that he has a long and happy life. :flwr:

Aileen,
I'm speechless, what a blessing for Sam and you to have found each other. And how wonderfully generous of all those involved in his journey to find a new home and of you for loving him. Cavalier people are the best!! This is just further proof. . .

JaneB

Aileen, it's lovely to put a face to the name now I've seen your picture. You both look like best friends in that picture. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Just a bit more about me and my little Sam I had the feeling that my old dog Rocky sent Sam to me to look after I believe that he help me find Barney and also Sam. Thanks everyone but I am not an angel I am just me ---Aileen

I just noticed you live in Derbyshire, I've been there twice on holiday, I love it. I stayed in Ashbourne. I went to a weddng in the house they filmed Pride and Predudice in (I think it was that film) and all I can say is WOW! You are blessed to be there. :)

Oh Aileen, I can't tell you how Sam's Story warms my heart :drivecar: :l*v:

He deserves the best and looks like he's got it finally. :flwr:

Back