Thread: Urgent foster for ruby cav needed in Drogheda

Post Thanks / Like

Default Urgent foster for ruby cav needed in Drogheda

Hello!

An urgent foster home is being sought for an older Ruby King Charles Spaniel. He is 8 years old and was found as a stray wondering around Drogheda area in September 2006.

His name is Pluto. He is fully vaccinated and neutered. He also has a heart murmur, but receives daily medication for it.

If you can help out with fostering Pluto until a new home can be found, it would be greatly appreciated. He is fine with children, not great with other males, untried with female doggies.

Lisa
    Drogheda ARC Volunteer

353 (0) 86 161 4465
    - from petsireland

Pic:

Karlin, if there's no-one closer and nothing has been arranged in 24 hours, I'll take him even if it's only a few days.
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Please always indicate clearly that you have crossposted (and have permission to) from another board if you take an entire post like this -- there are copyright implications of reproducing an entire post plus image without permission and without such an acknowledgement. Some of the boards do not allow crossposting for rescues and in any circumstances you always need to request permission to crosspost, in this case, from ARC.

This dog is already with a rescue (ARC) who is requesting *long term foster til the dog is homed*.

This is also the same dog Cecily went to see in September. I have given them one contact for potential homes and offered otherwise to try and help home him.

Please note that ALL offers of foster should go DIRECTLY TO ARC RESCUE as this is NOT a dog in my rescue care. All arrangements from that point onward also will be between the fosterer and ARC.

Just a reminder that if a dog is with another rescue, and is listed on another board, I am NOT the contact person and make no decisions and have no responsibility for that dog. General rescues also take in cavaliers who remain their responsibility and under their management.

Any one wishing to offer him a home should contact the rescue person listed at the number listed.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Spoke to the rescue; this fellow had been homed but doesn't seem to get along with their male terrier. I see he has been neutered so this suggests he may need careful management around other males or may be fine with a dog of his own or larger size. He would therefore likely be best in a home as a lone dog or with females only, either as a foster until homed, or as his new home. Anyone with male dogs would want to be experienced in managing multiple dogs in a situation where there can be issues.

If you contact the rescue regarding this dog please let me know.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This dog remains in urgent need of a foster or a home. However note he should not be fostered with other male dogs. If you have male dogs and want to consider a foster, the blenheim boy in Dunboyne needs a place on Wednesday of this coming week.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Still looking for a foster or a home.
    Karlin