• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A goodbye to Winston

PamH

In early June we sold our home. We decided to move into a condo. Our little yorkie was 14 at the time. Our house was only on the market for five days and we had one month to pack and move into our new condo.
Winston always got upset when we would pack to go on vacation. Imagine his level of anxiety as we packed boxes each and every day.
A week before we moved he was playing hide and seek with my husband. After play, he started shaking. He did not stop. My husband put him into the car to take him to the vets and he passed away during the ride.
Winston loved to watch TV. He liked to bark a lot. He was a little dog who thought he was a big dog. He was very independent. I remember when he was a pup he always stole the oats from the horse next door. The horse kept trying to stomp him! There was an 80 year old lady that used to dogsit and I had her watch him a few times. She told me to take him to a dog phsyciatrist because he did not know he was a dog.
I stopped taking him to her.
I miss him a lot. We both decided we would not get another dog.
In November my daughter in law asked me to help her find a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She and my son already had a 5yr old Burnese Mountain Dog, but she wanted a second, small pet.
I found her a lovely puppy and was so excited to be a nana to such a lovely little girl. But then my son talked her into getting another Burnese instead. My husband found ourselves deciding to get the little Cavalier whose picture we had fallen in love with.
We now have our little Madeleine and she is such a joy.
After reading some of the stories on this forum I just wanted to write down a little about Winston because I knew you would all understand.
Pam

Poor little Winston. Sounds like all of the turmoil was just too much for the little guy. Thanks for sharing his story. He sounds like he was a wonderful little fella.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: So sorry to hear about Winston. I know he was a wonderful little fellow. So glad it worked out that you got Mad. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so glad Maddy came into your life, to help fill the void that Winston left. I know she is not a replacement. Winston sounds like a cool dog. I'd love to see a picture of him if you have one. :hug: I'm very sorry for your loss.

Pam...I don't visit this forum often, but I wanted to say how sorry I am about little Winston. We just lost our little Lhasa last Saturday. It is very hard, but she lived a long life happy life, as did Winston, which does give comfort.

I understand the big dog syndrome and had to smile when I read that about Winston. Winston and Chloe are probably fast friends at Rainbow Bridge.

Oh Im so sorry for your loss Winston seems like he was such a delightful lil chap Im sure he will always be in your hearts and Im so glad that lil Madeleine will help mend your heart

Pam - what a lovely tribute to your little guy Winston :lotsaluv:
He sure sounds a real character and it's great that you had him in your life for such a long time , but all the harder to let him go :(

Miss Madeleine has a big job to do now, hope she will help to make you smile again and please post a pic of Winston , we'd all like to see him.

:flwr: :hug: :lotsaluv:

Back