• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie the LA Cavalier with SM update/SoCal BT rescue boy

judy

Here's an update from Molly about Charlie, thing seem to be held up. Also, she has or had a BT boy, spencer, looking for a home, this email came about a week ago.

Attention King Charles Cavalier Lovers!!!!!
So many of you have e-mailed wanting to adopt (or at least know more about) Charlie, our King Charles Cavalier Spaniel who has a tough neurological disorder called syringomyelia. Charlie is still in wonderful care in his loving foster home in Santa Barbara. We are going "round-and-round" with the vet neurologists trying to decide if surgery is the best route. (It is very frustrating as we have had a MRI and a spinal tap performed on the little guy. But you can ask 4 doctors about this condition and you get 4 different answers. We are just trying to make sure we make the right decision for Charlie.

That said....WE HAVE ANOTHER KING CHARLES CAVALIER SPANIEL UP FOR ADOPTION.

Say hello and how do you do to Spencer.

Spencer is also in the loving foster home in Santa Barbara with Charlie (Charlie is a little miffed about not being the center of attention right now!)
Deb, who is cc'd on this e-mail, is AMAZING and very savvy on this breed, is Spencer's foster mommy too. Her home is almost as full as mine!
Spencer is 6 years old and deaf, but very, very, very smart. He knows roughly 10 hand signals. He is quite the handsome devil too, as you can see from his picture. He has quite the personality too.

If you are interested in adopting Spencer, go to
http://www.cavalierrescueusa.org to complete an application on-line. 
If you have questions about Spencer, you can e-mail Spencer's foster mom, Deb ...There is an adoption fee for Spencer.
he is chipped and nipped (neutered) and up-to-date on all his shots and in very good health.

If you all know me (Molly) personally, please feel free to e-mail or call me with questions about Spencer.
Deb and I talk very regularly, so I may be able to help you with Spencer as well. : )

Thank you for making adoption your first option.
Here's to fewer homeless animals in 2007.

Best-
Molly

Molly Wootton
Molly's Mutts and Meows
tel: 310-837-MUTT
http://www.mollysmuttsandmeows.org

346373368_2f6d73075a.jpg

post edited to fix link to rescue application

Hmmm -- Spencer is actually with club rescue, so it would surely make more sense for people to contact the regional club; how odd that Molly is making this sound like he is one of her own rescues. Cathy probably can give contact info for regional club rescue. Molly would have nothing really to do with Spencer outside of referring people over to Deb, who also is not quite a foster for Molly per se... she is actually a key person in rescue for the breed club who very kindly took on fostering Charlie because it was felt he needed an experienced cavalier person for the extended period in which he will be managed post-surgery (and Charlie was supposed to go to breed club rescue in the first place -- a frustrating series of events meant he did not). I'll see if I can post direct contact info for anyone interested.

Molly posted the link, http://www.cavalierrescue.org, but that link doesn't work--i think molly probably meant to post what cathy said,
http://www.cavalierrescueusa.org
I'll edit the quote and put the usa part in, thanx cathy .

molly's email included deb anders emails address--i had deleted it from my post because i was unsure about posting someone's email address on the web and i meant to say after the quote that i could provide the email by PM i forgot, but now i realize it would've been ok to post it. it's posted on the cavaliers of the west site. i hope my forgetting to mention that molly included the email for deb didn't give the wrong impression. the way i understand it, local rescue people are working together to get the right home for spencer, as well as to help Charlie.

I'm curious about what the situation with Charlie's SM treatment is.

Back