• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fergie 1988 - 2007

Lindsay

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this. This morning Josh's best friend, his Welsh Corgi Fergie, passed away. He went to his parent's house last night about 9 and called me crying. They knew that she would probably not make it through the night. Josh stayed there and when he got up this morning she was gone. He has not stopped crying since 9 last night. :( :( :(

Fergie was such a beautiful girl, even for an old lady. She would get up and play with the pack of cavaliers I brought over like she was as young as they are. She was always looking for a lap to lay her head in and a scrap of food to fall on the floor. She and Josh grew up together. He has the best stories of them getting into trouble together, and if you didn't know who Fergie was, you would have no idea he was talking about a dog.

Please keep Josh, his parents and his sisters in your thoughts. Even though she was an old girl at the age of 18, it has been a terrible 24 hours for them. :cry*ing: :cry*ing: :cry*ing:

Fergie.jpg

I'm so sorry for the loss... :( How wonderful that she lived such a full, rich life. But that sometimes only makes it harder to say goodbye to such a longtime friend... :(

My thoughts are with you, Josh, and his family...

My condolences out to Josh. I can't imagine...18 years!! So hard after having her be such a fixture in your life for that long.

What a great long life Fergie had. It must be so hard for Josh. Having such a great dog friend for 18 years! It will be really hard for him to imagine life without here.

Oh Lindsay, how sad. Please tell Josh how sorry I am for the loss of his beloved Fergie.

I went over and ate dinner with his parents tonight. His poor mother's eyes were almost swolen shut. They had her cremated and they now have a gorgeous urn on their mantle. I feel so terrible for them. Josh came over to my house afterward and got a full dose of doggy love.

These are some pics I took a couple of years ago. They have always been some of my favorites.

January003.jpg

January006.jpg

January0012.jpg

So sorry to read about this young mans friend passing, a dog is indeed man's best friend, and 18yrs is a very, very long time.

Send them our love and tell him to cherish the memories close to his heart, they will comfort him.

So sorry again.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

((((((((Lindsay, Josh and family)))))))) so very sorry to hear of Fergie's passing. I don't think I've ever known a Welsh Corgi to live that long, he was truly blessed to have her for so long. Big :hug:'s from me and my boys :flwr:

Lindsay my heart just breaks for Josh and all the family. 18 years is a wonderful length of time but also makes the parting so very much harder.
I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers :lotsaluv:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I can certainly understand the special distress of losing such a longtime companion who would have been there as a constant figure in Josh's life for so many years. She sounds like a marvellous dog and friend. I hope Josh and his family will gradually find some peace and then can recall Fergie in happiness rather than sadness. :flwr: It is especially difficult when the pain is so recent and raw.

Back