• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello! Gracie is pleased to meet you!

Gracie's Mommy

Hi everyone! I'd like to introduce you to our new bundle of joy, our 12 week old blenheim Cavalier, Gracie! She was actually a wonderful "surprise" from my husband. We had been talking about getting a Cav earlier in the year...had gotten to the part of researching breeders. We also bought a house this year. So, at some point, hubby Andy started saying that maybe we should focus on the house this year, blah, blah, blah. All the while, he was making arrangements for our Christmas special delivery! I was blown away...he had done all sorts of research on the breed, products, training, etc. It was all so very thoughtful. And now, he is absolutely smitten by her too! In fact, pretty much everyone that meets her is! :D

She's just the sweetest thing! We're in puppy kindergarten and she's picking up basic commands very well. Still having some trouble with housetraining...she doesn't exactly let us know yet...when does that start again? :roll:

I've found this message board to be so helpful...and everyone is unbelievably friendly! So, thanks for everything so far...and thanks in advance for all of the future help! :lol:

Without further ado...here's our Gracie!
P1070158.jpg

P1070153.jpg

P1070154.jpg

PC230099.jpg

PuppyonAndysshoulder.jpg

PuppykissesforAndy.jpg

Please let me know if the pics are too big...

Welcome! Your pics are great and your pup is so precious :)

P.S. Don't you love VS Pj's? I have about 10 pairs and wish I could wear them everywhere! :lol:

lmallicoat...my name is Lindsay, too! Thanks...we think she's pretty adorable too!

And...I do love my VS PJs...I wear them all the time. In fact, I need 10 pair because I end up just washing these quite often and wearing again! :sl*p:

Welcome Lindsay, Andy and Gracie. She is a bundle of joy. What a great husband.

P.S. those are great pajamas.

I couldn´t make up my mind, what is more beuatiful - Gracie or her collar - she is great in it, what a sweat puppy! :)

Thanks everyone! That lovely Coach collar was also a Christmas gift from the hubby! Didn't he do great?! 8) We've got a harness for her too...just a regular pink one from Petsmart, but I'm looking into getting a Puppia. They're just WAY cuter! Trying to decide between plain pink and the Orion pattern...

Go ahead and get both. You will eventually anyway...I am not speaking from experience icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

;) :lol:

Excellent point, Lindsay!

Just noticed Andy's dirty sock in the background of that first picture! :oops:

She recently discovered that she likes our clothes too... :yikes

ADORABLE! I love the pic of her with your hubby. I LOVE how big, tough men turn to mush around our beloved Cavalier furbabies!

Oh my goodness she is PRECIOUS!! I wish I had a little girl to dote on...I looooooove the collar. I would be bankrupt though the way I dote on my boys!!! :lol:

Oh she is just precious. And isn't Andy a fabulous guy?! To do all of that planning and surprise you.....what a great guy!! I think it's so cool that he got you off track and then surprised you. It's obvious by the way she's looking at him in that picture that she's as smitten with him as he is by her. She is just so incredibly cute!!

Gracie's Mommy said:
Thanks everyone! That lovely Coach collar was also a Christmas gift from the hubby! Didn't he do great?! 8) We've got a harness for her too...just a regular pink one from Petsmart, but I'm looking into getting a Puppia. They're just WAY cuter! Trying to decide between plain pink and the Orion pattern...

Lol, my hubby surprised me with the Red Coach Collar this year and matching lead too!

What size Coach did you get?? We got a xs for puppy stage... I am hoping for a green one to come out by the time Cicero graduates to a Small!

Oh, and I just LOVE VS pink line. I got the travel rolling duffel for christmas from my boss. She works for VS so I get 40% off everything! Super spoiled in that department I am I am!

Congrats on your new puppy!

We have a camo Puppia for Cicero and IMO... I think you should go with the Orion Pink! It is just way too adorable (and I had my eye on it before we knew the sex of our puppy!).

Welcome Lindsay! Glad you found us. Gracie is a beautiful little girl. And how nice of Hubby to surprise you like that. I would have loved to be a fly in the corner when you met her!

BTW, will I be seeing Gracie at the Cavalier Winter Gathering?? It's an easy drive from anywhere here in the Twin Cities ;) Heres my post with the information http://cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6358

Welcome! Gracie is such a lovey--and so is your husband! What a thoughtful guy!

As for the housebreaking--Mia became reliably housetrained about two months ago and she'll be a year old on the 26th of this month. So, she was around 10 months old when she "got it". I've heard people say that it's usually a year before its a sure thing... :)

Enjoy your new little girl! icon_welcome

Back