Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IN FOSTER: SURRENDER 2nd cav at Dunboyne

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default IN FOSTER: SURRENDER 2nd cav at Dunboyne

Just got a call, another cavalier in Dumboyne. This one is a SURRENDER that means they can put him down immediately. ' I am going to ask Joanna (hi Joanna!!!) to pick this one up too tomorrow alonf with Albert the belnheim, but he needs a very urgent foster place in the Dublin area even if just til the weekend when I can sort him elsewhere.

Waiting on further info on him.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OK complications but he SHOULD be sorted and safe by tomorrow. he and other cavalier will be kennelled overnight and can be safely taken out on Thursday. Joanna they can't come out tomorrow; I will call to explain. I may be able to get them taken out now by the rescuers at that pound on Thursday to hold and then I can collect them; one going to Brid at that point.

Surrender still needs a foster place. No info on him but should have a pic this evening.

Folks, this is why I am so grateful for your fundraising efforts and donations -- you've enabled me to buy some time for these guys and get them to safety by kennelling them.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Our pleasure Karlin!! We sure appreciate everything you do.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

just keep them safe....

Alison, wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A she not a he. Poor thing is apparently terrified in there. She will be moved tosafety in kennels tomorrow, fingers crossed, and out into foster for Thursday I hope. Her name is Bianca.

Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

She looks so terrified poor little girl thankyou for helping her ----Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OK, Albert the blenheim boy is going to be fostered in his potential forever home, and this girl who needs some TLC will go to Brid. brid I will ring you tomorrowe! I am going to try and get both to the vet in the afternoon after I collect them from Himindoors.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my. It fair breaks your heart to see her little face. I wonder if she's come from a 'breeding situation' as she's very stained - I've seen that sort of staining before.....

Well done to all concerned for getting these little ones out

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The pound said she was 'aggressive'. She was actually *terrified*. My vet checked her and she got an A-OK; she's about 5-6, a bit older than she looks, the shyest little thing. Once she was inside a house she was transformed -- she was running around with Phoebe and jumping up on Brid, who also had no problem lifting her up. She clearly is used to 1) sofas 2) sitting on windowsills.

Ears so badly matted that we could not tell where ears ended and matts began. However I know Auntie Brid and bet she will be washed and mattless in no time.

A bit of time with Brid and Phoebe and she will be ready for an adult home. She is much prettier than she looks here; quite thin too. I am sure brid will post pictures before long if she hasn't altready!

Albert, the boy, is one of the funniest cavaliers I have ever met but I'll post over on his thread. A stupendous dog.

I am exhausted; that was 5 hours in the car and at the vets and at tbrid's then the new home for Albert (who is to be called Boomer by his enthralled 9 year old new owner).
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Well Bianca is settling in well. And Yes I started grooming her immediately!!
    She got her bath and I have her ears sorted. They are a lot shorter now!!
    But the matting was beyond disgusting!!
    She was growling a bit at Phoebe earlier...nothing major. I think it's when she comes near her toy.
    But the best thing was when I was giving her a good brushing and I found a tick eeeeeeeeeewwww!!!
    My first one!!!
    Rang the vet and gave her frontline. Nurse said it'll fall off. Oh God I hope so!!
    Advice welcome. Will post a photo soon.
    Hopefully the night will go well!!
    BK