Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Rescue Baby-Pics added on 10Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mic she is beautiful, how anyone could reject her is beyond me.

I have a big soft spot for black and tans, its such a good job i'm not nearer to you!!

I hope that she finds the perfect home very soon, I know its going to be very hard for you to let her go
    Mummy to Fraser born 20.09.10

Post Thanks / Like

Good job she's not in the UK as she'd be in between my guys. I was only saying to hubby the other night, how a b&t would look so nicccccccccccccccccce in between them - he didn't disagree either

Hope she soon gets the loving home she deserves

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mic! How is is possible to have THREE gorgeous baby black and tans fall in your lap!! I have never even seen a breeder for one in my area.

I barely convinced my hubby to take in fosters, but my heart pitter patters for this little b&t girl. More pictures !! More pictures!! I must have my puppy fix!!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Mic Guest

Monica:

I live in the heart of puppy mill country, unfortunately. So that's why I seem to get more than my share of cavalier rescues. Each dog I've rehomed was originally slated to be pts as a breeder/miller reject.

And why were they rejected? For things as minor as giardia (simple treatment), blind in one eye (the other one is fine), open fontanel (miller didn't want to keep & feed them the extra week or two until the fontanels closed), hernia (minor fix during spay/neuter), no longer a good "producer," (but a wonderful and beautiful dog!).

This will be the ninth cavalier I've placed since November. Four were placed locally with Arkansas families. Three went to great homes I found via this board and another cavalier board. One went to a wonderful home in a neighboring state with the help of some networking with a friend involved in Cav rescue in Texas. And I'll have to wait and see where this latest one will wind up.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet the millers would kick themselves if they saw how beautiful and happy each one of those babies grow up to be. But then again, they could probably care less because there was just another baby to take their place that wouldn't cost them as much.

I am so glad that there are people like you that are willing to take on the monsterous task of "cleaning up" after other people's inhumanity. The work you are doing with these pups is going to touch the lives of EVERY person they meet that hears their story. You are also making some families VERY VERY happy. Use that as motivation to continue to foster. Like Lucky Star says, "until there are none". I am just waiting for an opportunity to do my part.
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness... I am almost ready to hop on a plane and come get her! What a cutie! Whomever gets her is super lucky!
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]We[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]Love [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Cicero[/COLOR]![/B]
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]"Suum Cuique"[/COLOR][/B]
    (To Each Thier Own)

Post Thanks / Like

ahh Mic she's just adorable. I would LOVE to have another baby. Do you think UPS would ship her to me?? Seems like you've been getting quite a few in the past few months doesnt it?

How much does she weigh? How's she getting along? That is just awful that they rejected her and were going to put her down.. it just gets under my skin. Thank God your vet is kind enough to let you have these kind of cases.

Let us know more!!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Mic Guest

Well, here she is....
    Introducing "Faith" (along with my daughter Riley)

...and Faith with my daughter Megan.

She's a typical puppy: chases her tail, jumps and falls, runs into walls, gives LOTS of kisses, loves to snuggle, isn't the least bit afraid of other dogs or cats. Oh yes, and she doesn't appear to have a problem with kids, either!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What a sweetheart she is!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

URGH! I want her! I wish I could have another puppy right now! Wesley could sure use a buddy.
    Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!