Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darby Met His Match

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Darby Met His Match

I had a friend drop by last night, she just got a border collie.
    He is 11 weeks old, he is HUGE.

I tried my best to snap a few shots of him and Darby playing, at first Darby was scared of him but then he got pretty comfy.

We let them out in the backyard and I could of strangled her when they came in he was filthy but not her pup cause he just isn't as low to the ground as Darby.

It was fun. Sir Dudley wanted nothing to do with him.

His name is River

Mom to Daniel, Derrick, David
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

ah looks like they had fun ) river looks just like my friends borfer collie, she dien last week at 13 weeks, they live on a farm the vet reckons she either ate a rat or clogged up her trachea by drinking oil

Post Thanks / Like

They looked like they had a blast! I just adore Border Collies. My grandpop used to breed, show and obedience compete with them. They are soooo intelliget. He even trained his dogs to herd his golf balls as he played the course
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh bless - looks like Darby had a wonderful time

That's the problem with these low slung sporty models - they do get rather muddy

River is gorgeous, I hope they will continue to be friends even when he's older...

Dudley, I don't blame you sweetheart for keeping out the way...leave these youngsters to the rough stuff

Leah, so sorry to hear about your friend's puppy, that's tragic
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

What a great experience for Darby...but I don't blame Dudley!! River is precious and looks like they had a great time getting dirty together.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Was River herding Darby at all? 15 years ago I took my dogs to visit a friend who had a puppy Australian Shepherd and that Shepherd, kept herding my two dogs under my chair. She wasn't happy until they were in the place she thought they belonged. With me!
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like

What great photos! It looks like they had a fun time!
    Emily and Ollie (29/10/06)

Post Thanks / Like

Linda

I can just see the racing around the house from those photos! Border collies are very pretty pups and so active too.

Cute shots!

Post Thanks / Like

Linda,

What beautiful pics, looks like fun was had by all and why worry about the dirt as long as they had a good time

Maxx's best friend is a Border Collie and they run around like loonies together too, it's great fun to watch them

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures Linda! I just love Darby pictures! Looks like he had a ball with River.

Quote Originally Posted by Charleen
    Was River herding Darby at all? 15 years ago I took my dogs to visit a friend who had a puppy Australian Shepherd and that Shepherd, kept herding my two dogs under my chair. She wasn't happy until they were in the place she thought they belonged. With me!
    A friend of mine has two Border Collies and everytime we're over there, they herd Katie. It's so funny to watch! She'll finally look up at me like "Help Mom!".
    Angie, Katie and Lexi