• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Darby Met His Match

Linda

I had a friend drop by last night, she just got a border collie.
He is 11 weeks old, he is HUGE. :yikes :yikes :yikes

I tried my best to snap a few shots of him and Darby playing, at first Darby was scared of him but then he got pretty comfy. :jmp:

We let them out in the backyard and I could of strangled her when they came in he was filthy but not her pup cause he just isn't as low to the ground as Darby. :grnyuk:

It was fun. Sir Dudley wanted nothing to do with him. :huh:

His name is River

IMG_4302.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg

ah looks like they had fun :eek:) river looks just like my friends borfer collie, she dien last week at 13 weeks, they live on a farm the vet reckons she either ate a rat or clogged up her trachea by drinking oil :(

They looked like they had a blast! I just adore Border Collies. My grandpop used to breed, show and obedience compete with them. They are soooo intelliget. He even trained his dogs to herd his golf balls as he played the course :lol:

oh bless - looks like Darby had a wonderful time :D

That's the problem with these low slung sporty models - they do get rather muddy :lol: :lol:

River is gorgeous, I hope they will continue to be friends even when he's older...

Dudley, I don't blame you sweetheart for keeping out the way...leave these youngsters to the rough stuff :D

Leah, so sorry to hear about your friend's puppy, that's tragic :( :(

What a great experience for Darby...but I don't blame Dudley!! River is precious and looks like they had a great time getting dirty together.

Was River herding Darby at all? 15 years ago I took my dogs to visit a friend who had a puppy Australian Shepherd and that Shepherd, kept herding my two dogs under my chair. She wasn't happy until they were in the place she thought they belonged. With me! :lol:

Linda

I can just see the racing around the house from those photos! Border collies are very pretty pups and so active too.

Cute shots!

Linda,

What beautiful pics, looks like fun was had by all and why worry about the dirt as long as they had a good time :lol:

Maxx's best friend is a Border Collie and they run around like loonies together too, it's great fun to watch them :D

Great pictures Linda! I just love Darby pictures! Looks like he had a ball with River.

Charleen said:
Was River herding Darby at all? 15 years ago I took my dogs to visit a friend who had a puppy Australian Shepherd and that Shepherd, kept herding my two dogs under my chair. She wasn't happy until they were in the place she thought they belonged. With me! :lol:

A friend of mine has two Border Collies and everytime we're over there, they herd Katie. It's so funny to watch! She'll finally look up at me like "Help Mom!". :lol:

Linda those are such funny pictures!! Bet Darby isn't so quick to take the first pounce now!! :lol: :lol: Just wait a few more months love he'll REALLY get a run for his money then! ;) ;) ;) Now I am jealous - where was I during this play date?! From the looks of it Kos would have had a blast tracking mud all over your house! :D :D

Back