Thread: Folks involved with rescuing cav mix Max to UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Folks involved with rescuing cav mix Max to UK

Maggie, who provided transport via her regular service from Ireland, still needs to have money sorted for bringing Max/Charlie to the UK. Can UK people who arranged this rescue element get in touch with Ann, the Dundalk pound rescuer, on this? Whoever arranged for this transport also needs to get directly in touch with Maggie. This rescue was not arranged through me but I did donate towards transport. If others wish to donate, please find the original thread or post here as I believe there is a shortfall.

I do realise the excitement is in getting the dog to safety BUT PEOPLE WILL NOT BE THERE TO HELP ANY OF US SAVE A DOG IN FUTURE if things like this are not sorted properly and promptly. Many of us in Irish rescue are very reliant on the few people, like Maggie, who provide transport, and we need her to be willing to help with dogs like Max in future. From Maggies' perspective, helping Ann will be seen as the issue here, which is very unfair to Ann and affects her ability to save dogs. So this is a very serious situation for a rescue to be left in.

I know all worked hard and meant well but the logistics must now be properly sorted.

This is the full extent to which I will be involved with this dog -- this needs to be taken directly to Ann/Maggie. Please let Ann know when the payment has been made.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately I don't have access to NESSR's pursestrings, but the matter has been passed on urgently.

Charlie (was Max) has suffered some health problems, and was just recovering when he came down with kennel cough, passing it on to his fosterer's dogs and her friend's dogs too

His foster carer is working on his baggage. She is a very experienced dog handler and is working on his food aggression with him. It's a pity a dog so young has been giving so much baggage by humans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That' such a shame he has these difficulties, and I know Irish rescue folks were so grateful for UK help. The problem with having a number of people involved at a distance means that it is easy for an issue like payment to fall between the cracks and get forgotten. We have all been there! It however does underline that someone needs to get the person who supplies the service sorted at the outset -- then other folks can pull together to get the finances arranged amongst them. I am sorry that due to many people thinking the next person along understood various arrangements, that UK folks weren't aware there were costs for transport.

For anyone who was interested in the fate of this dog -- who would be DEAD now except for the work of people on this board -- perhaps you'll consider even a nominal donation, 5-10 pounds, euro, or dollars even, to NESSR, the rescue who worked very hard at the UK end to pull this together. They also help regularly with cavaliers and helped bring Hammer (now Sam) to Aileen. I just sent over a little extra. I hope some others will too. If you have PayPal, this is the email for a donation:

sales@nessr-pet-supplies.co.uk
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

I sent a donation to Dundalk Rescue for these guys so, do Dundalk or NESSR need more money to cover them???

Just so I'm sure -we are talking about the Cavalier X's aren't we?

sorry!

Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Claire don't worry; you've made a very kind donation towards these dogs and that donation was very helpful toward getting these guys out (many of them require paying a release fee and all donations help on many different levels). If anyone else wants to send a little along to NESSR, that would be great -- Cynthia helped out with Hammer and has taken in many emergency cav cases though technically, she is a springer rescue. Many other people were interested in these crosses when their plight was posted and even tiny donations help defray big costs. So no one should ever think, it isn't worth sending something as it is too small. Ten people giving only £6 about covers this guy's transport, for example. Smallk bits add up fast.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Only just seen this thread. Will send Cynthia a donation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxs_Mummy
    Only just seen this thread. Will send Cynthia a donation
    Donna, you're a sweetie.

Everyone else, I'm trying to a photo of Charlie on his foster mum's lap - bear with me and I'll post it up. He is veryyyyyyyyy handsome and definitely deserved his lucky fate.

He is definitely cavi/springer cross and is looking for a special home