• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My baby cried today

PamH

Today my husband took maddy for a walk. She stepped on a burr and it stuck in her paw. She cried and cried. She did not want hubby to touch her paw. Finally he picked her up, took her home and had to hold her on her back while he picked it out of her paw. She cried the whole time. He felt so bad. But he did say she was a wus. Then he said he had stepped on a burr one time and it really did hurt!
I wanted to kiss her and hug her but I am not home until Friday.
When I get home I will give her special hugs.
Having Maddy is just like having a little baby again.
Pam

No Fun!!! My front yard is LOADED with sandspurs (I believe they are the same as a "bur". My poor Stewie is just a magnet for them because of his longer shih tzu coat. It is a nightmare to pull them out of hit feet and hair. Poor little Maddy!! I feel your pain!!

{{{{{{{{Maddy}}}}}}}} Tell your hubby to keep an eye on that paw for a couple of weeks too. I once stepped on a burr in my bare feet and didn't realise that a tiny bit of it was left in my foot - I developed a huge abscess there and had to have it drained at the surgery and antibiotics for a week :(

Poor little Maddy. I ordered "Musher's Secret" paw protection from the DrsFosterandSmith website. It's also a conditioner for the paw pad, and is supposed to help stings and such too. I tried posting the direct link to the product but I wasn't able to. If you search on mushers secret you'll be brought to it. Tuckers pads get dry, and this helps. However, he cannot stand me touching his paws at all and does not enjoy it when I very gently and gingerly dab it on his paw pads. I wonder why?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com

Claire L said:
Mishmosh wrote
I have no idea what this thread is about!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thank you! you just cheered me up no end :lol:

:flwr: :hug:

Sorry Claire if I forgot that the language is sometimes different!
I'll try to keep it in mind in the future.
Pam

Maxxs_Mummy said:
{{{{{{{{Maddy}}}}}}}} Tell your hubby to keep an eye on that paw for a couple of weeks too. I once stepped on a burr in my bare feet and didn't realise that a tiny bit of it was left in my foot - I developed a huge abscess there and had to have it drained at the surgery and antibiotics for a week :(

Thanks for the heads up! I will make sure he keeps an eye on it.
Pam

We have sandspurs in our yard too...live next door to a landscaper. Mine usually limp like they hurt their leg and so the search begins. We do pet portraits on the beach and the fall is horrible for them...I've seen dogs totally freak out if they get them...so Maddy is fine with crying...they hurt!!!

Back