Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pee on legs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pee on legs

Hi,

When my little boy, 9 months old, lifts his leg to pee, he often ends up spraying some on another leg/foot. Do any of you know of a good way either to prevent this happening, or to cover up their legs? Yellow on white is not a good look!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I knew an answer to this question!! I hav to give Wesley a wipe down every time he comes back in the house. What is worse is that he will lift his leg on Cody when the poor little thing is trying to potty!!!!

I will be watching this thread closely to see what I can do too!!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

Izzy used to get into a real mess, because he looked round, so turned, while weeing. He grew out of it eventually.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Our Ruby does the exact same thing. I keep a box of large pet wet wipes by the back door and have just resigned myself to having to wipe down at least one front leg each time he comes in. A lot of it does seem to have to do with whether or not he turns to look at something while doing it. I was wondering if it was just Cavalier anatomy or what!
    - Pat

Mom to Pepper, Ruby boy (b. 5/10/05), and Milly, Blenheim girl (b. 3/3/06)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the good thought about wipes. Is there a particular brand of wipes you all have found to work the best?

Post Thanks / Like

I used a spray on coat cleaner (8in1 , I think it was), but sprayed onto kitchen roll and used that as a wipe; much cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

I use baby wipes on Tucker, when he'll let me. The little dear does not like having his paws touched at all. I have to chase him around the house, by the time I catch him the wipe has dried! He's got long, thick, black hair, so it's not easy to see, but I can smell it on him. Of course, no one else can, I have always had a nose for smells.
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

At least it doesn't show on Tucker. Even freshly bathed Blenheims end up with yellow feathering.

The only thing my vet could recommend was the weak peroxide they use to clean hair after ops, but i didn't want to risk it, so we had a Blenheim tricolour for a while (red, whire and yellow)

Post Thanks / Like

Only tip I have that we use for yellowish, used to be white fur, is the bright white shampoo from tiabellas - miracle worker!!
    Ashley - Mom to Duncan (4 years/blenheim) and Arthur (3 years/ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Im glad this topic has coome up 2 as i have the exact same problem with my b&t joey.he pees on his belly,chest and his front legs!its so anoying!! iv had no choice but to cut his feathering really short as its just a lot more practical and I can let him sit on my knee without having stinky wee marks on me.

i hope one day he will grow out of it
    Kim xx
    Nina-Tri Colour Girl * Joey-Black & Tan Boy * Phoebe-Blenheim Girl * Holly-Ruby Girl *
    Kira-Black & Tan Girl * Lewi-Black & Tan Charley Boy * Ella-Tri Colour Girl