Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pee on legs

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Merlin still pees on his front legs at 23 months. its because he lifts his leg so high he aims striaght at himself I just use a baby wipe to wipe him down
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey does it too, I've had to have his hair cut quite short and just use baby wipes to clean him down.... He only does it if he hasn't been for a while so in the mornings,when I get home from work at lunch time and in the evening.
    Kerry & Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

i thought indy was the only dog that did this....he pees on his chest and if the wind is blowing it ends up everywhere. i can't bring myself to cut his feathers so the baby wipes are a great idea!

he also lifts his leg very high. i swear he has (or thinks he has) such incredible flexibility. He aims for about a 110 degree angle and succeeds in losing his balance and peeing all over himself. hope he gives up on the gymnastics eventually.

i think that the whole leg-lifting thing must be confusing for little boys. A few times a week he actually lifts his leg when he starts to poop and we have to pull him with the lead to make him squat normally. pooping on one leg---imagine! how is that even physically possible???

k
    Mom of Indiana Jones 'Indy' (Ruby male)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KimNIndy
    i thought indy was the only dog that did this....he pees on his chest and if the wind is blowing it ends up everywhere. i can't bring myself to cut his feathers so the baby wipes are a great idea!

he also lifts his leg very high. i swear he has (or thinks he has) such incredible flexibility. He aims for about a 110 degree angle and succeeds in losing his balance and peeing all over himself. hope he gives up on the gymnastics eventually.

i think that the whole leg-lifting thing must be confusing for little boys. A few times a week he actually lifts his leg when he starts to poop and we have to pull him with the lead to make him squat normally. pooping on one leg---imagine! how is that even physically possible???

k
    Just like Merlin if he can't find a bush suitable to put his bum in, he'll do the "i'll look like I'm peeing but actually I'm pooping" stance
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

Brodie pees all over his front legs too (he'll be 3 in April and didn't start hiking until age 2). He gets smelly quick if we are out of town - he hikes several times in one walk (smelling other dogs)!!! It's nice to know he's not the only one with this problem...bless his heart. He hikes his leg super high too...it's pretty hilarious. I wonder if his pee pee hair contributes to the problem??? How it is trimmed or not trimmed? (hope this isn't TMI ) I noticed when he was little and always squat peeing that if I left the hair long it directed the stream down (capillary action hee hee) and away from his front paws. I haven't determined if it makes a difference with the hiking though - getting the front paws in the stream is probably inevitable. I've found that Nature's Miracle wipes really help neutralize the urine odor...not sure about the staining though
    Lynn
    Mom to Brodie (M Black and Tan) and Rescue Kitty Gonzolas

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if his pee pee hair contributes to the problem??? How it is trimmed or not trimmed? (hope this isn't TMI ) I noticed when he was little and always squat peeing that if I left the hair long it directed the stream down (capillary action hee hee) and away from his front paws. I haven't determined if it makes a difference with the hiking though -
    i hope that's not TMI because i'm interested to hear the answer. indy's is quite <ahem> luxurious....in fact we used wonder if his 'feather' was supposed to be like that. i couldn't bear to trim in but if it means less pee on the legs and chest, that's one feather we are willing to sacrifice.

k
    Mom of Indiana Jones 'Indy' (Ruby male)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm interested in this conversation too ... Lucky has been getting quite luxurious hair down there too ... but he was neutered very young & still squats - he is always getting his front paws wet ...

I've started putting the natures's miracle wipes just inside the door.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Who needs wipes when Woody wee, gets his front legs wet, comes in and jumps up at my legs......