Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sophie is a barker.
    She hears the slightest noise that to her is different and away she goes
    Regards

Sharon (Sophie's Mother)
    In Sunny Australia

Post Thanks / Like

Padden barks when she plays. And for some reason at anything that is rubber! We thought at first that she hated this rubber toy and it was really funny watching her attack it and bark at it.

It's starting to get annoying but I don't know how to make her stop. I take her to work with me too and when she wants to play she will start barking and growling at her toys. Not exactly ideal being in the office. But it always make me laugh. Usually just have to pick her up to settle her down and she'll keep quiet. But at home when its time to play she's in full force. I'm sure our neighbors in our condo just love us!

Post Thanks / Like

Max likes to bark at the neighbor dogs...he seems to like to announce to the world that he is outside! We have an afternoon routine when we go into our back yard and the neighbor's dogs are in their yard....Max is allowed to run to the fence and they bark at each other for about 30 seconds and then I say to Max 'Ok, you said hello, now no more barking and let's go play with Molly" and then I bring him to a different part of the yard. (Molly almost never wants to say hello to the next door dogs) At first I had to say 'No Barking Max' after I moved him away from the fence, but now it's not a problem. Generally he plays with Molly and pays no attention to the other dogs. Then when we are done playing, Max goes back to the fence and I say 'Say Goodbye' and he barks a goodbye till I tell him it's time to go in. (about 30 seconds) Max & Molly are almost 6 months old and I do find that they mind well. Of course he has his days when he's not totally interested in playing with Molly & wants to talk to the other dogs...but usually he does very well. I am very proud of my Maxwell!!

Lynn
    Lynn
    Momma to Molly (blen) Maxwell (tri) Nora (blen) and 2 kitties

Ohhh yeah...and 2 human (20 & 21 yr old) "children"

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see this thread. Both of mine bark at everything they see in the window. People, dogs, birds, and of course the poor mailman.
    My issue is my poor girl will not let anyone near me. She is over-protective of me. After we got her we realized how good cavaliers were for medical assistance. We decided to start training her to help me out with some of my personal issues. We soon found that she could not pass some of the esiest tests because she barked too much unless she was on a gentle lead trainer.

She is absolutely perfect though for my needs and I would love to get her through this period if it is possible. My boy is great as well but he would be the perfect companion dog, I need one that can do things aside from love me to death
    Linda Byerline, President
    MLB Industries, Inc
    www.happyheinys.com