• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

health question- need advise

coconut

My other half brought freddie out to pottie at 8 this morning and he did nothing only cry and then when i got up this morning @ 10 freddie was after doing his poos in his carrier something he never does, he never barked to let me know that he need to go, which he does every morning! i think he may have once before when he is was sick!!

What concerns me the most is that when i took him out of the carrier he was still trying to go and there was all mucus coming out?? :yikes

As this happened to anyone before? i have called the vet and they said that it maybe a stomach bug and to call this afternoon to get it check but i just wanted to check and see has anyone had this happen before?

he is in great form! at the moment he is trying to help me type and play with he teddy all at the one time! :lol:

Sounds like colitis.

Don't feed him any food (for 24 hours usually, but do what the vet says) until after you see the vet. He should have plenty of water. Water at room temperature is better than cold water for a pup with colitis, according to our vet. Make sure he is able to poo whenever he needs to, because pressure can build up in his intestines, which is probably what happened in his carrier.

The vet will probably have you feed him special food for a period of time, rather than his normal food.

I have actually taken the poo into the vets in a ziploc plastic bag, when I've never seen anything like it before.

Hope he feels better. :flwr:

thanks for that cathy! he is in really good form but i think i will take him to the vet to be on the safe side!

went to the vet yesterday and she thought that freddie had ate something that he should not have and gave him an injection and to feed him very small amounts of chicken today and back on to his normal food tomorrow!

Poor little Freddie :hug: They are terrible for eating bad things though :roll: Hope he soon recovers. Maxx used to get colitis an awful lot when he was small and it is so worrying so a :hug: for you too.

Back