• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What do you call your dog most of the time.........

Bruce H said:
I don't really have too many pet names for our dogs.

Same here Bruce....it's enough to remember the four names already and then to get them with right dog!!! :?

If we went into "fun" names as well we would be there all day! :lol:

Also many years of obedience work has "taught me" to keep it plain and simple, I guess it's hard to change a habit of a lifetime. :sl*p:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

What about whitney woo woos then? And Crazy Daisy???? :lol:

In our house, Maxx is Maxxymoos or Moos & Charlie is Charlie Warley Woos. They also get called Pumpkin, Sweetpea and Mamma's baby or Mamma's boy. If I want both of them I just say 'Babies' and they both come running :lol:

Funny thing earlier. I was in the kitchen with my youngest and I was teasing him saying 'Oooh you're Mamma's boy and Mamma loves yooooou'. Suddenly, both furbabies came from nowhere and just stood glaring at me as if to say 'No mamma, we're your boys, not him ' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hubby just calls them both 'Bad dog' (he is joking) but they still adore him :roll:

My eldest calls Charlie 'stinky' because he gets very smelly with his allergies & Maxx is 'Maffew' - this is because he gets tiny little matts in his ears most days and Maffew is how my great nephew Matthew used to say his name when he was a toddler :roll:

Toby - Tobes, Baby, Toblerone, Bits, Sweetie, Pooch, Poochie, Posh Poochie
Taffy - TaffTaff, The Taffster, Poochie, Raff, Raffy Roo Roo's
Archie - Arch, Archie Parchie, Arf-arf, Stinky Pooch.
The last one is only used when he has been rolling in horses muck and gets brought straight into the office without a wash!! :yuk: :yuk:

Fergus is - Fergie, The Ferg, Fergie Werg, Fegie Derg, Fergulicious, Little man

Cooper is - Coop, Coopy,Coops, Cooper Doop, Super Dooper Cooper Man, Cooperiddy, Little man

Oh and they are our 2 little rappers ; Coop - Diddy and Fergy Cent

And they are both called any combinations of gorgeous, beautiful etc etc

Our 2 year old nephew who's just learning to talk calls Cooper - "Pooper" - it's so cute. He can't say Fergus yet so Fergus is just called "Doggie"

Cathy T said:
Shelby is pumpkin doodle pumpkin pie. Jake is .... well, I don't think I can put the words in a public forum :lol: No, just kidding, well sometimes not....when he's not being a pain in the patootie (stop tapping my leg Jake, I'm typing!) he's Jakey Bubba Roo!

that's funny, i call them pumpkin doodle, pumpkin pie too .. ! :lol: well i call them piki wiki, ( okay, i dont even know where this come from or why.. :p ) it's so funny how they know this is their "pack" name, both of them will come! :roll: but if i call cherrise, baby girl.. or hope, hopey, only 1 will of them will come.. sometimes call them beenie weenie.. munchkin. gosh the list goes on and on, and the weirdest thing is they know that is their name!

Oh if it were only that easy.

We have about a hundred different names for Indy but one of my favorites is Poo Poo Lips. My little one has a brown freckle by her lip so I have always (with utter affection) teasingly called her that and my 17 year old niece has given her approval as well! :)

Oh

and another front runner is "Lippy". She has a thing she does where she will tuck her lip up (on either side) and it looks like she is getting a little attitude with you or something. My family has seen this and absolutely died laughing it's so cute. So we have called her that. Also, since her name is Indiana we have a tendency to call her anything ending in "ana" ie: Poopieana, Lippyana, etc.

My Nephew who is one calls Bailey..... Lailey, sit or just dog ! Its quiet funny when Bailey is in the garden and Sam is calling sit.

LOL

I call Lia "Gordi" (that is a short name for "gordita", that means "fatty")
Although she is not fat.

This thread is soooo funny!!! :lol:

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has a whole bunch of names for their dog.

Ok, here goes (bear in mind we got her when I was 12 so alot of these were from back then)

Annabel (pet name), Annie, Bella, Princess Ann, Mrs. Barker, Vivaine (from her pedigree name), Annaviv, Dogga (like the toy dog in the book "Dogger" by Shirley Hughes), Belladogga, Beautybel, Annasmell (ha ha ha), Nozzle-face (I used to call dogs muzzles "nozzles" when I was a kid), Annjana, Nozjana, Little girl dog.

I'm sure there are loads more, my mum used to always tell me to stop calling her all sorts of names or else she will be confused, but as long as I said it in the same tone of voice she always knew I was talking to her.

Bianca

We call Friday....Stinky or Stinky Doo. She's such a little stinker and so mischievous. It's like having a little 2 years old who's always looking to see what she can get into.

What's weird is she answers to both ..Friday and Stinky.

:lol: I call Geordie 'The Geord-meister', Chocolate 'Chockies' and India is 'Stinker-doodle'! :lol:

Colin calls Geordie 'the Ginger Ditz' and as a group they are referred to as 'the Woofer-Sniffers'! :lol:

oh lord we have tons of names for indy that range from typical doggie names to embarassing! i love this topic as i know longer feel alone :lol:

indy....indy jones, indy-poo, mr. jones, jones (when DH is cross with him), indus--or 'young indus' if we are making fun of something silly he's done i.e. look what young indus has done with the paper towel roll.....

hmmmm ridicurous (when he's been ridiculous), misters
mr. mistersons and wonderous wonderson---don't ask :roll:

mr. stinkus when he is smelly.

tons more that change weekly....and yes he does answer to all of them :lol:

For some reason when I look at Scout the nickname of 'Doodle-bug' comes into mind, so that's her nickname, and she answers to it as well.

Mia Bella - Mia-Bia, Mi-Mi, Baby girl, Mama Mia! (when she's in trouble)

Wrigley - Wrig-Man, Wrigs, Baby boy, Boo-boo, Dang-it Wrigley! (when he's in trouble)

Grace is Gracie, Gracie-Face, Baby Girl, Baby, Sweet Baby, Lil Girl, Baby-Face, Puppy-Face, Sweetie, Lady Grace or Lady Gracie, Gracie-Baby, Amazing Grace, Gracie-Girl, Cutie, Little Sister, Baby Sister, and My Favorite Baby Sister. She's called "Baby" a lot cause she's the youngest member of the family, including the guinea pigs cause we got them half a month before she was born! We also call her "fillintheblank Face" cause he love her little face.

well Siân is her proper name but everyone calls her SiânE 8)

she is also know as 'my little Angel' because she is my little Angel at a time a needed one *ng*l

'Poppet' cause it just a cute name

'Beyonce' cause she does this weird thing against the sofa with her bum which is like Beyonce dancing :shock:

And 'Flower' after the film bambi, cause she is black and white and likes to smell the flowers :? which cause the shout of ' Oh Flower get a move on' because she is always smelling all the flowers

Back