Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another vets visit..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another vets visit..

Oh well back from the vets again.
    I decided to take Toby to the vets today as his water in take has increased loads since Christmas, from his normal 1 bowl a day to 4 bowls which has really got me worried, this all went with long pee's due the the water in take. He has also been off his food, even if I have offered a treat.

Anyway once we got there the vet said he wanted to take some blood samples and I would be able to wait for the results that took 10 mins. The results came back and luckily he didn't have diabetes (which was the vets first thought) but his liver had a high abnormality. The vet this could be caused by a number of things e.g lesions on the liver a tumour or cushings disease. He said that the first thing he wanted was a ultrasound of Toby's tummy to check that the liver didn't have any growths etc and if that was clear they would do a test for cushings disease via two blood tests spaced an hour apart.

I've also got to take a pee sample and make sure my baby has nothing to eat after 6pm and no water on the morning of the scan!

Anyway fingers cross for me people that Toby's scan will be all clear on Thursday.
    Mum to AJ (Blenhiem born 6th August 2010) - my world
    My beautiful, brave boy Toby (Blenhiem) now waiting for me at the Bridge, love you forever chicken!
    Auntie to:Taffy(B) &Archie(B&T) - Doggy kisses 'cos you know there the best kind!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope everything is OK on Thursday---Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ohh please give Toby extra hugs from us.
    Everything is crossed for you and Toby for Thursday.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Having been an owner of a dog with Cushing’s/diabetes dog, I really praying it’s not Cushing’s.

Cushing’s can cause diabetes in dogs. I’m didn’t know my Dizzy had Cushing’s till diabetes was diagnose with her.

The fact that Toby has been off his food is a good sign its not Cushing’s as a marker for the disease is hungry like you have never seen before. Cushing’s makes a dog feel like it’s starving all the time, so the dog will do anything to get food.

Dizzy first owner had fed her on takeaways so getting her to eat a normal meal took us about two years, before she would eat a meal without playing up. I still kick myself I didn’t see her new love of food as a sign of her disease. My dog in the end would even eat birdseed and fish food if I happen to drop it, because she was so hungry.

I hope you get a more positive answer from the vets
    Davy, SinE&Ella
    & sometimes Cassie the cocker AKA 'the black shadow''

~Blind Dogs See With Their Hearts♥~
    My cavalier not spoilt...I'm just well trained!

Post Thanks / Like

Good that you were aware his water intake had increased. Fingers crossed for you!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping EVERYTHING crossed that this isn't Cushings..........it took my Honey-Bee from me last June.
    Honey-Bee would ravish anything just to get food, it was painful to see her deteriorate and go downhill so fast with this disease ... all within a few/six months.

Please let us know when you receive the results.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us posted on Toby's vet visits. This must be hard on you.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh {{{{{{{{Amy}}}}}}}} poor Toby and poor you . I am working 12-2.30 on Thursday but am free before and after if you want some company.

Really hope it's not Cushings, so fingers crossed. Will be thinking of you . Give him a big kiss from me xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck AMy and Toby Fingers, paws, eyes, and toes crossed for you guys!! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers!!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

good luck amy and toby, lets hope that it's not to serious!! we will be thinking of u!!!