Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another vets visit..

Post Thanks / Like

hi everyone, sorry I havent been able to reply things have been a bit hectic.

Thank you all for your wonderful messages of support Your all brilliant. Will keep you all updated.

Thanks for the offer Donna, my uncle (Taffy's owner) is going to take there both morning and afternoon. But will ring you when I have the results if thats ok. Needless to say his owners have yet to ring to see how he got on.
    Mum to AJ (Blenhiem born 6th August 2010) - my world
    My beautiful, brave boy Toby (Blenhiem) now waiting for me at the Bridge, love you forever chicken!
    Auntie to:Taffy(B) &Archie(B&T) - Doggy kisses 'cos you know there the best kind!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well looks like all of our Cavies are in visiting the vets at the moment.

Toby is in for his scan this Thursday
    Archie went and had his 'bits' done today
    and finally
    Tonight Taffy made a visit.

Taffy's visit is quite serious, apparently my aunt thought he had a fit as his eyes started rolling and his back legs went. He was also very floppy but did not 'pass out'. He was rushed to the vets (Thanks goodness for uncle James!) and he said he didn't think it was a fit but has given him tablets and he needs a blood test to see whats going on. I don't know any more as it all happened when I was at guides this evening.
    On the good side James the vet (the same as the one who is dealing with Charlie and Maxxs_Mum (Donna)) asked about Toby and is going to review his notes over his liver and is making sure he will be involved as we had to see uncle Ralph on Friday.
    My beautiful, brave boy Toby (Blenhiem) now waiting for me at the Bridge, love you forever chicken!
    Auntie to:Taffy(B) &Archie(B&T) - Doggy kisses 'cos you know there the best kind!

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of an update:
    Toby was at the vets all day yesterday and he has had his scan and no-where on his lower body has he got any cancer or tumours!!!!

He did have another test for Cushing disease. We are waiting for the results. If this one comes back negative, the vets wants to do another where he will be tested @ 9am 12 and 5pm. If this comes back negative then the vet thinks it could be gall stones. From his scan which we were shows there is some light bits in his gall bladder. The vet was excellent he showed us all the scans and showed us what we were looking at, all the test results and what they want the next set to look like.

The symptons of cushing disease Toby doesn't have are being ravenous (he is the opposite and not too fussed about food) and being lathargic. Toby has always been quite lazy and it has not really increased, if anything he has been a bit more play-full.

So that it is gall stones for me.
    Thanks for all your support

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed you get this all sorted out.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you had some good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star
    The symptons of cushing disease Toby doesn't have are being ravenous (he is the opposite and not too fussed about food) and being lathargic. Toby has always been quite lazy and it has not really increased, if anything he has been a bit more play-full.
    Unless it’s the very early stages of Cushing’s then I think its likely to be something else, as you have said that Toby is non-plus towards food. Cushing’s is not just the hunger, although it’s a big part of the disease, there’s also the change in fur with some hair loss and the potbelly look to the stomach.

Heres hoping it something small and easily fixed
    Davy, SinE&Ella
    & sometimes Cassie the cocker AKA 'the black shadow''

~Blind Dogs See With Their Hearts♥~
    My cavalier not spoilt...I'm just well trained!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So sorry to hear about all the patients

Glad that they didn't find any tumours with Toby, that's good news - I hope it's something easily sorted

Poor Taffy - there's a few possibilities for that, including an heart arrythymia, but it sounds like Uncle James is on the case and will get him sorted - keep us posted
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We're sending hugs and positive thoughts for your cavvies across the sea. So glad Toby doesn't have tumors. Could Taffy have gotten into anything poisonous?
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

************Update************

Tobys second lot of test have come back and the vet says these test show NO signs of Cushing disease!!!!

The vet wants him to have one more blood test which they do at 9am, 12 and 5pm. If this comes back all clear then it is gall stones.

I have him booked in for Thursday but due to something happening at home I think I will have to change it for next week.

Taffy is loads better, thanks to all your thoughts for them both

He hasn't had any more fits of any kind so the vet thinks it might just be a one off thank goodness.

Will keep you all information about their progress.

Archie is feeling loads better and is due to have his stiches out from being done

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you got some good news at last

lets hope things start to settle down, so they can all get on the road to recovery
    Davy, SinE&Ella
    & sometimes Cassie the cocker AKA 'the black shadow''

~Blind Dogs See With Their Hearts♥~
    My cavalier not spoilt...I'm just well trained!

Post Thanks / Like

oh hugs to you both! i'm sorry that you're dealing with all of these illnesses and worries at the same time! fingers crossed about all the tests and try to keep yourself occupied so you don't constantly have it on your thoughts.

keep us updated and our thoughts are with you and your babies!

k
    Mom of Indiana Jones 'Indy' (Ruby male)