Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dylan isn't quite the fulff ball he used to be!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dylan isn't quite the fulff ball he used to be!

I wasn't expecting Dylan to get his adult coat quite so soon, especially as some of his light marking near his bum still need to darken. It seems to have gradually darkened and smoothed from the spine downwards, anyone else noticed this? His underneath and legs still have puppy fur.

I had hoped for a long haired beauty like his dad but this is easier to look after, we'll see what happens.

They grow so quick. What age will he be fully grown?

Post Thanks / Like

Not that I would change anything on Tucker, but if his hair weren't so thick it sure would be lots easier to take care of. Dylan looks wonderful. It's amazing how he's growing.
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That probably isn't his adult coat -- too young I think going by the pic . Their hair starts to grow out but then they typically 'blow' (lose) the coat around age 1 and the really fine hair gets replaced by shinier, thicker coat. Boys will have most of their height and weight by one but keep filling out, even up to age 2-2.5.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

How many weeks old is Dylan now, Pauline? Tilly is 12 weeks tomorrow and her hair is still wild! It looks like she stuck her little tail in a electrical outlet!
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Dear Goodness Pauline

Dylan is gorgeous, he is getting cuter and cuter everytime I see another photo. He has changed so much, he most likely will not get his adult coat until between 1 to 2 years old.

Darby's feathering is coming in now much thicker than before.
    Funny how fast they change and how quick they grow.
    Mom to Daniel, Derrick, David
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

Aaahhh, he's so cute! What a looker!

Daisy is now 8 1/2 months old and she is starting to get some pretty significant feathers and slippers now. I can't wait to see her full coat! I sure hope she is full grown because I'd guess her at about 17 1/2 pounds now! Yikes! I was hoping for a Cavalier on the small end -- so much for that. Daisy seems very long in the body to me. I haven't been around that many Cavs, so she might be in the normal range, though. She's got a defined waist and you can feel her ribs, so I don't think she's at all overweight. I just hope she stops growing now. Her parents were both right around 16 pounds, so I was hoping for that as a max. Oh well -- we love her and think she is gorgeous, of course.

As far as hair -- she's been shedding so much lately that I'm surprised she has any left. You can actually see her freckles through her white hair now on her back because her hair is so thin and silky. I've been brushing her for a long time every night (she loves it -- I take out the brush and she comes running and when I stop, she pushes herself against the brush), so I'm hoping the worst shedding is behind us. She just doesn't seem to have that much left to lose -- especially considering it's winter time!

Post Thanks / Like

Dylan is so cute!!

With Lia happened the same. She was very fluffy an in three weeks, her hair looked very short. Now is growing up again!
    Laura Lia Maia

Post Thanks / Like

I think he looks really well and happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Dylan's so cute.

I love to watch their tail feathers start to grow and unfurl!
    - Pat

Mom to Pepper, Ruby boy (b. 5/10/05), and Milly, Blenheim girl (b. 3/3/06)

Post Thanks / Like

Dylan is just beutiful. Jeremy is 7 months old and he has just started shedding.He went smooth within 2 weeks of having him and now you can see he is shedding his puppy coat and his adult coat is growing all thick and silky. Did you know if you get them desexed their coats actually grow in thicker and longer? Thats always been my experience anyway.