• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

12 hours until Take-Off!!!

arasara

Hi guys!! This has been a very exciting last few weeks for those of us on Cavalier Talk and guess what?!?!?! I AM GETTING ANOTHER BABY!!! :jump: :jump:

Providing references and home check goes through she will be MINE MINE MINE!! :D :D

She's a B/T girl born 11/12 and rescued by a WONDERFUL member of this board!!

I couldn't be happier - I am absolutely tickled pink! She's just adorable. If you want to read more:

http://cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6403

Now my problem:

What to name her?! She's currently called Faith which I think is a good name.. I also like the name Gracie because it's by the grace of God and the wonderful rescue folks that she's still alive.

h*lp h*lp h*lp

Hooray hooray hooray!!! :jump: :mexwav: :lotsaluv:

Can you tell I'm excited??!!! Sara - this is so incredibly exciting. I've thinking about you tons the past couple of days. Can I uncross mine, Jake's and Shelby's fingers now....we were starting to get cramps.

I love the name Faith.....I had "faith" that if she was meant to be she would...and she is!

Okay, give us more. When would you get her? I'll be a reference for you ;)

I'm so pleased that you are getting her. They do say that a dog responds better to a name ending in the 'ee' sound, so Gracie fits, in more ways than one.

Normal hernias are no problem and many don't need intervention, though it mat as well be seen to with her spay. Izzy has had a hernia for over 9 years with no problems at all. In fact it has proved usefull, because it told me when his mvd was beginning to cause a fluid buildup in his abdomen. .

:jump: :jump: :mexwav:

Yipeeeeeee!!

Oh Sara I'm so happy for you fingers crossed that all the checks etc go ok and she'll be on her way to you soon :xfngr:

Please let us know all the details when you know, oh I'm sooooo excited for you :jmp2:

Sara-- CONGRATS!!! That is SO awesome! She is such a cutie...and from my home state of Arkansas. My parents still live in Hot Springs, which I think is not too far from Mic (and Faith).

You know I'm partial to the name Gracie...just seems to fit these adorable Cavalier girls!

WTG Sara! Good luck with the final references and home check. Can't wait to hear an update :jump:

What wonderful news! Truly and international connection! I love the name Faith. Maybe you should wait until you meet her to decide. I bet the perfect name will come to you once you have her in your arms. Keep us posted on the adoption.
How are you going to get her? Fly, drive. . .?

JaneB

I could wait until I see her :):) It's always an option. Of course I will take LOTS of pictures and I'll keep you guys posted. I still need suggestions though!

I am planning to drive to the NY airport and then fly to AR from there and then fly back and drive home. The airport is about 3 hours from me. Yes - it's SOME international connection!! lol :) It will be fun though. ;)

I am so excited. I can't wait until I get the go ahead - I should be getting her sometime within the next 3 weeks I would say if everything goes well..

:xfngr: :xfngr:

Congratulations Sara. She is beautiful. You and Mic are wonderful to rescue this little one. Thanks for being the angels that you are. I look forward to getting to know your little girl through your stories and pictures.

Yea, Sara!! Congratulations! Faith/Gracie couldn't find a nicer home!

She is such a doll, too! Keep us posted with pictures as soon as you bring her home!!

:jmp: :jump: :jmp:

I love the name Gracie!

It just goes so well with Kosmo! It just rolls off your tounge... Kosmo and Gracie!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congratulations Sara! What wonderful news. I like both names, Faith and Grace. This will be very exciting for Kosmo - a little playmate.

Have you checked to see what the border rules are for bringing the puppy from the US to Canada? I know there can be a hassle sometimes.

If you need any help in your travels to pick up Faith please feel free to contact me. I work only about 1 mile from the Buffalo Niagara Airport. I am assuming you will be crossing the border near there or Niagara Falls. So if for any reason you need assistance, I'd love to help you get your little girl home.

I checked into the government website and if she's under 12 weeks old she needs to have a certificate from a vet saying that as far as they know she's not unfit for travel into canada and she's not carrying any diseases and if she's over 12 weeks then she needs a valid rabies certificate as well as a vet certificate. ;)

I took that right from the government so I am assuming that it's spot on. I will bring along a copy just in case I get a mean crossing guard that hassles me.. icon_whistling

Thanks so much for offering Charleen - I can't believe that this is finally happening!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

How about other names besides Grace/Gracie and Faith? What do you guys think when you look at her? What's she look like??

All she looks like is PRECIOUS! I have been pining for that puppy ever since the thread was posted! I am so glad that you are (hopefully) going to be her mommy!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I think she looks like a Gracie. She is so teeny and cute. Gracie suits her so well.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :mexwav:

Have you broke the news to Kosmo yet?

I told KOsmo and he wagged his tail like he always does. . . . .

I think he will be thrilled!!... ... Until he finds out she's not going home!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry too much. Kosmo will always be your baby boy...she will probably rule the roost and be daddy's girl! Speaking from experience.... icon_whistling

Sara, That's terrific news!! :jmp2: :jmp2:

Faith is a beautiful little pup....she'll fit right in with your family and Kosmo!!

As for the name, I like tons of names....so I'm no help at all! ;D

Best wishes for your new furbaby!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Woo hoo! Sara, that's amazing! b*n*n*
:mexwav:
I knew you were interested in getting a rescue eventually but I had no idea that it would be so soon. Congratulations!

Kosmo is so lucky to be getting a little sister. She looks sooooo sweet btw. Oh, you'll be having a cavvie GIRL this time!!! So much fun!!!

:xfngr: I'm sure everything will go well with final references. :flwr:

WOW this is really exciting! Kos will be lucky to have a little playmate. I often wonder due to the cavalier nature if they arent better in 2's. OH BOY you should see my husband freak when I mention sometimes they are suited to 2 to keep each other company.

This little girl is only a mth older than my lil one - we can compare dairies next mth. Hmm between you unable to leave Kos in "the window" and this lil gal I think you have the rescue bug... which is a darn, nice way to give back to society!

Keep us updated on it - a 3 way Cavalier Talk all star weekend now with rescue dogs and happy new board member owners!

oh my gosh, i didnt click the link to YOUR cavs story till after I posted my congrats!! I didnt realize it was THAT VERY VERY SO SWEET ONE! She is absolutely adoreable - no wonder you couldnt resist, I barely could!

Back