• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

12 hours until Take-Off!!!

:w**h**: Sara

We'll Sara awoke me this morning shortly after 6:00 am with the exciting news. :jmp2:

I am extremely happy for you sweetie, and that little one will be tearing your place apart in a short while. :w**h**:

I can't wait till we get all four of them together for playdates, tearing the place apart. :w*w:

You can all scream at me if you like but if she were mine her name would definetely be :shock: :shock:

SASSY

If she is as spunky as Mic says she is it would suit her to a tee, you have absolutely nothing to worry about with sweet Kosmo darling. :l*v:

He loved having the boys over to play, yes he was happy to see them leave. It will take him time to adjust, but he will soon come to realize she is not going anywhere. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was keeping in touch with Sara all wkd, to hear if any news had come about as I had no internet access this wkd. She could not eat, she could not sleep, this gal was so excited. Can anyone blame her, I was jumping out of my chair Friday when she made the call to Mic. :jump:

Brough back alot of memories for me. :l*v:

Hugs, Hugs and more hugs darling. :hug: :l*v: :hug: :wggle: (y)

Don't tell me I have to start buying all this Pink stuff now. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

MathisGreen said:
I love the name Gracie!

It just goes so well with Kosmo! It just rolls off your tounge... Kosmo and Gracie!

You know, she is right, when you say them together they do sound really nice!

Are you driving to avoid customs at the airport? I dont know much about taking animals across the boarder. Hopefully by driving its easier - they dont make you quarrantine or anything I hope? I'm sure the rescue people know all about proper papers, vet check papers etc.. to keep it safe - just be sure to cross your "i's" and dot your "t's" before you leave - so you know what is to be expected with the Niagara boarder into Canada.

People do take pets on vacation to the US....so I don't think quarantine is a problem.

My understanding, is that they need vaccinations and a vet certificate dated no later than 10 days before crossing the boarder.

I know there are problems taking dog foods across the boarder....not sure why but have heard of "snowbirds" having to throw it out at the boarder and buy it in the US.

If I took a dog *into* the US, I'd take the ownership papers too but that's not applicable to Sara. It's also just me, being extra careful.

Hope all goes well.....take your camera, Sara!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Zippy said:
People do take pets on vacation to the US....so I don't think quarantine is a problem.

My understanding, is that they need vaccinations and a vet certificate dated no later than 10 days before crossing the boarder.

I know there are problems taking dog foods across the boarder....not sure why but have heard of "snowbirds" having to throw it out at the boarder and buy it in the US.

If I took a dog *into* the US, I'd take the ownership papers too but that's not applicable to Sara. It's also just me, being extra careful.

Hope all goes well.....take your camera, Sara!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Hi Zippy! I never noticed your avatar said Canada before - so I just wanted to say HI to a fellow Ontarioian! Is Ontarioian even a word :?

Hi to you too!!

I don't know if it's a word but I think you just made it official!! :lol: :lol:

Yep, Mary Alice and I are not too far from yourself! :flwr: :flwr:

I would wait until you hold her and see what name suit her you might just think Faith suit her or another name cannot wait until you get her to see more photos please----Aileen

Sara how exciting!!!! :w*w:

She is a beautiful little puppy, I'm starting to really fall in love with black and tans!

I like the name Gracie too.

Keep us updated with lots of pictures!!!!

Sara

My kids said she is too sweet to call her Sassy, I said just wait.
I remember that sweet darling face from my Darby too, I swore if I ever got another Ruby or B/T and it was a wee lassie that would be her name. ;) ;) ;)

I know that is your mom's JRT's name. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

YAAAAAYY!!! I am so thrilled for you and for Kos!!!!! (and for me because I get to see her grow up in pictures!!!!!!! icon_whistling ) I adore Gracie, it sounds like a "keeper," but she will show you her name when she is ready. It will just fit. :D :D :D :w**h**:

Oh Thank you guys for all of the well wishes!! :)

I am excited I can barely eat and sleep!! LOL I am like a little kid waiting for Christmas.. icon_whistling icon_whistling Oh I will never grow up!

I am not sure what we will call her - my OH is fine with whatever although he will make me name her and then probably say a week after the fact "oh no we should call her this.. :sl*p: " Men.!

Sassy is good Linda but how do you like trouble!? :yikes :yikes

I could name her "Hilda" like my grandma's dog's name! LOL she said she wanted to pick a name nobody would forget.. :badgrin:

arasara said:
Oh I will never grow up!

You know my email signature is:

Getting Older Is Inevitable.
Growing Up Is Optional.

Being in my 40's my kids tell me "aint that the truth" I am the biggest kid in the house and proclaimed I had 2 girls so I could use them for barbie dress up!

oh my lord! congratulations! how exciting and wonderful for both of you!

sara i just looked at the photos of your little baby and she is SO adorable!

what a cute little pair her and kosmo will make. i've been admiring your avatar for so long----i just love the fact that he is *smiling* in it and it always makes me smile.

my vote is for gracie, but i agree that you have to wait until you see her to see if it fits.

k

Well goodness gracious! I'm glad I logged in today. I guess Sara's a wee bit excited, y'think? She mentioned shipping some goodies for Faith here for her to bring back with her, and now I'm worried they may need to hook up a U-Haul to the plane!

As far as names go, I'd love to start calling her "HER" name to get her used to it, but a week or two won't make a difference. Everyone here calls her a different name. My daughter Riley and her friends call her Rhonda. Why? I don't know. Megan calls her Fay, which is Spanish for Faith. My husband is impressed by her bone structure and solid look and calls her "J-Lo" cause he thinks she has a big butt! Men! The girls at the knitting shop call her Purl, a knitting term/stitch.

Sassy fits her personality. She's a hoot. She won't "go" on the newspaper but loves to shred it instead. So I got some of those wee-wee pads and she won't "go" on them either. She does, however, like to sleep on them. Go figure. She wrestles with and barks at chewy toys, especially ones that roll. She flails herself against the ex-pen, growling and barking at it like she's some big shot. But put her next to my 90 pound lab/chessie mix and she rolls right over to bare her belly. The next thing you know, she's crawling all over Kahlua, tugging at her ears and chasing her tail.

She likes privacy when she does her business, which is fine during the day, but makes potty breaks in the dark more like Hide-and-Go-Seek. She's teething BIG TIME and her little teeth are razor sharp. She goes everywhere with me...sleeps in my purse occasionally poking her head out to cause a stir. She cute and she knows it. Quite a little ham-bone.

Hope some of this helps with the name selection.

Well, Mic, your description of Faith/Gracie/Rhonda/J-Lo/Purl sounds like a typical mischevious B/T! Reminds me so much of our Casey, the terrorist cavalier.

Sara, I am so excited for you! What a wonderful addition to your family. And Kosmo is going to love her. And she will rule the roost :lol: in no time! Wonderful news.

Sassy fits her personality. She's a hoot. She won't "go" on the newspaper but loves to shred it instead. So I got some of those wee-wee pads and she won't "go" on them either. She does, however, like to sleep on them. Go figure. She wrestles with and barks at chewy toys, especially ones that roll. She flails herself against the ex-pen, growling and barking at it like she's some big shot. But put her next to my 90 pound lab/chessie mix and she rolls right over to bare her belly. The next thing you know, she's crawling all over Kahlua, tugging at her ears and chasing her tail

Hmmmmmmmmm Sara, I told you yes I know, I know, I know but she is gonna be a Sassy to me. :D :D :D :D

My son like I already said she is to sweet looking to call her that I told him I bet she is a cheeky wee lass. Sassy, Sassy, Sassy are you hearing me Sara or should I give you a ring. icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

OH!!! I am so happy for you!! I know we have been chatting all day, but I wanted to publically congratulate you!!!!

She is a beautiful little Gem!!!

WARNING: Weird Kids = Weird Humor

I had plans for the evening (concert and knitting group) and left dh and the kids in charge of the dogs while I was gone. After giving them detailed instructions on when to walk which dog, for how long, where each likes to do his/her business, etc., I asked if they would take some new photos of Faith since I've had a few requests.

I knew something was up when I got home and everyone was in the kitchen, all smirking, with my computer on the counter just waiting for me. They wanted to show me the pictures of Faith they'd taken while I was out.

The five of them were literally rolling on the floor as they watched me open each pic. All I can say is my kids must take after their father, 'cause they sure don't take after me.

Hmm...mom's at a meeting. What can we do to amuse ourselves while she's gone?
Listen, pup. Just stick with me and you won't get into any trouble, okay?
IMGP0457.jpg

Nahhh...I think I wanna explore a bit. This sink looked much more interesting from the outside looking in.
Help! I've fallen and I can't get out!

IMGP0458.jpg

This is an interesting crate. What's with the revolving floor?
IMGP0461.jpg

Yum...lots of good stuff to eat in here! A bit chilly, though...
IMGP0468.jpg

Hmmm...I don't think this is the bath tub.
IMGP0465.jpg

Do you feel lucky? Rack 'em up, Pool Shark!
IMGP0466.jpg

Time for my bath...but I don't wanna get my hair wet. You know how we girls are about our hair!

IMGP0473.jpg

Oops...here comes mom. Look cute and act natural.
IMGP0474.jpg

If Faith could talk, I'm sure she'd say, "HELP me, Sara! Get me outta this looney bin!"

Loverly photos I think she is beautiful I cannot wait to hear what her name will be how about Abbey?---Aileen

Back