Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: smother hugs!

Post Thanks / Like

Default smother hugs!

Cavs sure show their affection in many unique ways! Grace gives hugs and gives you a mouthful of neck and chin cause she doesn't like you breathing on her. She also licks my hand as if I have somethiing tasty in it. It's so cute! Do your Cavaliers have any unique ways of saying "I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

You describe the "cavalier hug" perfectly! Many cavs hug people by shoving their chest and head into a persons face. Cedar can be so push with her hugs its suffocating. What a brilliant way to die, I say
    Cindy
    Cedar (tri), Willow (blen), Holly (ruby), & Bella (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, what a perfect way to go! Wesley definitely likes to give a mouthful of neck. He wraps his front paws around my neck and straddles my chest with his hind legs and just licks the air. He wants to be picked up like a toddler!

Cody prefers to lay his entire body across my face.

It's like they want to be as close to you as humanly possible.
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

i love the 'lick attack' as we call it....sometimes indy seems to lose all self control. he flies onto our chest, puts his paws on either side of our necks and attacks his oriface of choice (he really likes eyes for some odd reason) and licks frantically as long as he is allowed.

is it just me or are cavaliers very lick-y dogs?

k
    Mom of Indiana Jones 'Indy' (Ruby male)

Post Thanks / Like

I feel so left out - mine don't do that! When Wallis was young she always had to sleep ON me with her head resting on my shoulder or on my calf. And we all know that we dare not disturb our Cav's rest for the sake of our own comfort!

Wallis is very "bosomy" - lots of thick hair on her chest (and lots of tumbleweeds in the house), but she has never come at me like that. Tibby loves my husband more but she doesn't do it either.

I'm a defective owner!!
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

Grace also wags her tail so hard that her entire behind follows. We call it the "butt wag." Also, she starts barking at you if you don't acknowledge her presence fast enough. It's like "I WANT TO HUG YOU NOW!!!
    She likes makeup, too. We call a friend of mine Tastyface cause she wears a lot of foundation which Grace likes to lick. Whenever we say "Tastyface is coming!" Grace runs up to the screen door and stares at the road waiting for her and whining, especially when she drives up. Grace knows her car so she goes CRAZY when she sees her!

Post Thanks / Like

my milo does the cavalier hug thing as well...monty just likes to nuzzle as close as he can get into my body...milo's also strangely attracted 2 my ears? he licks them puts his mouth around them and sort of sucks them without the actual sucking part (i dont kno how 2 explain iT!).......milo's a really licky dog...he really gets into it! monty is more gentle in that sense.....and when milo wants to kiss you or get you to touch him he'll do the "woo woo" owl like bark...its so cute
    xXNishaXx
    Milo & Monty~ (Males, Blenheims, born 25/11/05 )
    Ally (Daschund - not with me)

Post Thanks / Like

Coco loves to hug too!! she's wags her tail so hard her whole behind swings just like grace!! we call it the "beyonce"!!! she's shakes her butt and then when i bend down to kiss her she wraps her two paws around my neck to hug me and my mouth ends up stuck in her chest!! if i try to move she makes a sound as if to say "dont move - i'm COMFORTABLE!!!" So i just pick her up as if she's baby and eventually she moves her head and rests her cheek on mine and i'm happy to stay like that until she gets bored it's without doubt the favourite part of my day

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh! I can't wait to be smothered under a bunch of fur!! I am counting down the days until my little Cicero comes home!!
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]We[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]Love [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Cicero[/COLOR]![/B]
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]"Suum Cuique"[/COLOR][/B]
    (To Each Thier Own)

Post Thanks / Like

We get all the "HUGS" we can stand from Fauna. However, a friend of mine calls it the "mind meld." LOL.

JaneB