Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: smother hugs!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand this!! My Cavaliers don't do this. What have I done wrong? I thought I had raised them right!

I've got to find someone that I can visit to get a Cavalier hug.
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

Lucas and Kasper like to hug aswell, especially when your sitting down. On they both come, Kasper goes behind your head and cuddles you and Lucas decides to put each paw on either side and plave his chin on your face so you can breath...

Soo funny now there is too of them..sometimes i just sit there and let them do want they want, bums and waggy tails in my face - ha ha

Take Care
    effie
    x
    Effie
    xxx
    Mummy to: Henry (Kitty), Chloe (Kitty), Lucas (Cavie) and Kasper (Cavie)
    www.designer-doggie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Pippin hugs like this but Gus doesn't.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually wrote in another thread complaining that Toby is always "hugging" me. He never licks, thank goodness, but he does the Cav hug and puts his nose right at my lips and sniffs all over my face. His little nose is so so cold and damp, sometimes it drives me crazy.

To Critter...sorry can't remember your full name, do you sit still long enough for your cav to cuddle you?

I know my sister is always sad that her cats won't sit in her lap and cuddle the way my cats do with me. I pointed out to her that there has to be a lap for them to sit on, and she never sits still.

Over 60, and she is constantly on the move, cooking, cleaning, jazzercise, sewing, walking, whew, I get tired just thinking about it. Me, pretty much if I'm not at work, I am a couch potato. It is commom for me to have both dogs and 2-3 cats on me and on the couch most of the time.

Have you tried just doing quiet time with your pup on your lap for an extended period of time? Kinda build a bond.
    Incredibly proud mom to Toby, my baby, and the amazing 8 year old Max who has found his forever home.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Cavalier Hug! Teiglin likes to hug me as soon as he wakes up and decides it's "morning", whether it's in the middle of the day or night He also really likes to lick my eyes and ears, and if he's been in his crate for a while, he'll come out wagging his tail like anything and hold my hand in his mouth for as long as I'll let him.
    Jessica, Mum to Teiglin

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad this thread was started, I was wondering if this was a cavalier thing. (too shy to ask) Lexie started doing this about a week after we brought her home. She is very (licky) kissy as well. She loves to be kissed on her chest when she is giving her "hugs".
    Kelly, Lexie & Portia

Post Thanks / Like

Guinness has never done this. But Willow does and it's lovely. Bailey also does this - especially after he has been for his morning toilet call. He'll jump onto our bed and hug Shirl. He also likes to cry while he is doing it. - we cry back to him - so he does it even more.

I love them.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel kind of sad that Daisy doesn't give hugs. She's definitely more of a licker. I remember when we picked her up at the breeder, there was another adult Cav there who I picked up and she just tightly nuzzled her head under my chin! I was in love! I wished Daisy had that habit. She lays on her back in my arms like a baby and looks adoringly up at me, and licks anyone who will hold still for it. But not a hugger, sadly.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero's Mummy View Post
    Oooh! I can't wait to be smothered under a bunch of fur!! I am counting down the days until my little Cicero comes home!!
    I thought you had your puppy...oh you did, I saw the pics, where is he then?
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Sabrina does the cavalier hug to me almost everyday, especially when I come home from somewhere. She loves to be picked up like a baby then look out, cause she is all over you. As said earlier certain orifaces get a very good cleaning. ARGH!!! Sometimes I am gasping for air!! I love her to pieces though.
    Michelle - Mommy to Sabrina, Sebastian, Honey, Cisco and Callie and also human children Mikaya and Cody.