• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Penny has a New Name......

Claire L

Minnie Moo :D because she's a Minnie the moocher :lol:

Last night I put her to bed in the kitchen and went upstairs. As soon as my head hit the pillow, it started, a low whine that steadily grew in intensity until it became a full blown howl. My instinct was to go downstairs immediately and comfort her but experience has taught me differently.... If I give in - I lose big time :lol: I knew that she was absolutely fine so we just ignored her and after about ten minutes she stopped.

This morning I left her in the kitchen (with the doors closed) and she howled again so I just waited until she stopped and then went back in and ignored her for a while. I feel really mean doing this but I think I'm doing it right???

She is now asleep on the sofa in the lounge all by herself so she must be feeling a bit more secure. Beauty, the next door neighbours dog was introduced to her this morning and she didn't so much as bat an eyelid so we are thrilled with her progress so far. She even did a poo in the garden for me this morning :jump:

Here's a few pics

492697ad.jpg
492697ad-1.jpg
492697ad-2.jpg
e5df3e77.jpg
e5df3e77-1.jpg

Claire....She is just beautiful. I know how you feel about the whining. When I first started breaking Lily of sleeping with us, it was so hard. She would whine and cry when I put her in the crate for the night. I was so tempted to get her out. But after a week it stopped. Now she runs to the bedroom door at about 9:00 or 9:30. I open the door ad she flys across the room to her crate and flings herself in. We don't hear a peep out of her until the next morning. It is all worth it in the end.

Penny is just a little doll baby.

Oh Claire she is just beautiful! I am so glad you guys are getting along - it sounds like two peas in a pod!! :) (your OH and you count as 1 pea of course. :p )

If she's sleeping on the sofa, she's quite at home!! :D

The pictures are lovely, you can see how content she is in her bed. :flwr: :flwr:

What a sweet face! Her face reminds me a lot of my Bentley's face. He has the very thin white streak between his eyes.

Minnie Moo is very cute, and it suits her looks.

Congratulations... I knew you would be thrilled the minute I heard she was coming to you.

How is your back feeling? I hope it's better! :flwr:

You're doing an awesome job and it sounds like you're doing everything right! She looks wonderful and I'm so very glad you have a new furbaby in the house!

Minnie looks right at home in every single picture. she's got the idea now ... this family loves me!!

Thanks -I'm glad you all approve!!

BarbMazz wrote

How is your back feeling? I hope it's better!

It's a lot better but still keeping me from getting a full nights sleep.
The results of the MRI show a tear in one of the discs and some bulgeing.
I start Physio on Friday morning so hopefully I will get some good advice and exercises to help the healing process along.

:flwr:

Claire OMG, I guess i missed the beginning of this story. It's so wonderful that you have a new furbaby!!!! :jump: Minnie Moo is gorgeous! :lotsaluv: And what a great name too! She will find lots of love in your home, thank you for the pics. Congratulations on your new addition!!

That's why she's doing it. 'Penny' will almost certainly have many bad connotations for this little girl. 'Minnie'- new life, new start, it's perfect.

They do adjust very quickly. I renamed one of mine and she got the new name in less than half an hour. Copious treats helped.. :lol:

Claire, I'm soo thrilled this has all worked out. Minnie looks great!

BarbMazz wrote

How is your back feeling? I hope it's better!

It's a lot better but still keeping me from getting a full nights sleep.
The results of the MRI show a tear in one of the discs and some bulgeing.
I start Physio on Friday morning so hopefully I will get some good advice and exercises to help the healing process along.

:flwr:[/quote]

Ouch! I had a herniated disc in my neck and that is quite painful! I hope the physio helps your back. It helped my neck. I had traction, heat and massage therapy.

I'm so delighted it's going well for you so far Claire!
I love the name Minnie! I hope to meet you and her on a walk soon :flwr:

Back