• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Joey’s tail caught on fire!

amia

BUT HE’S OK!!!!!

My mam saw what happened because I was out at the time but she told me as soon as I got in. he loves to get a warm by the fire (its his spot in the house) after he’s been out for a wee and he must have been warming his bum :roll: when his tail must of went on the fire but he didn’t realise. :sl*p: My mam could smell singeing and looked over and he was just standing there with smoke coming off his tail!!! :yikes She shouted at him to move and as she ran over he ran off and she said there were actual flames coming from his tail!!!! :yikes :yikes As he ran they must of went out but all his fur fell off in clumps!! She checked him and he was fine just a very singed tail which she had to cut. He still smells like singed fur now. Poor boy.

359705707_fd8295528f.jpg

:yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Can you put something up so it doesn't happen again?! I would have FREAKED!

Thank God he's alright - you're very very lucky!

Good time to go buy a fire guard. :) It is very easy for their tails to catch fire because they only have to turn around in front of an open fire. jaspar once singed off some hair on a candle. Now I put out candles on the table as soon as I leave a room -- eg saying goodbye to guests after a dinner party -- as it was really scary and took a year for that part to grow back in. And I always have a fire guard before the fire. You can get them cheaply at most home stores -- B&Q etc.

OMG....the poor doggie!!

Glad he's ok and hope you're getting a fireguard soon!! :flwr: :flwr:

heart attack! :yikes :yikes
:yikes

that's a warning for the rest of us! they have so many little feathers to catch in flames!

k

yes were going to have to get a fire guard to keep him away from the flames.ill have a good look around for a one.

i dont think he even felt his tail on the fire!!!im just glad my mam was there to make sure he was ok.

Whew....good thing you mom was that to catch him before he got hurt. A good lesson for all of us!

We had to invest in a fire guard after christmas, as we had a similar incident on Boxing Day :yikes
Our fire has a glass front so we had always thought we were safe. WRONG!!!
The fire was on, Murphy's warming himself in front of it, I turn round to wrap the flex round the hoover. Suddenly I smell burning :shock:
There's Murphy wagging his tail at me, smoke coming off the end of it, I nearly DIED! Lucky for us it just singged the fur with the heat through the glass, had to cut out the burnt clump and trim the rest of his tail though :?
I sat and cried, then laughed and then cried again, we were so lucky. Murphy didn't even realise he was smoking though, he just enjoyed the fuss
:lol:

:yikes :yikes :shock: OMG! his tail caught on fire!!!!!!! poor babY! atleast he didnt hurt himselF! the way u described it it sounds as if he didnt even notice! i would have freaked but i dont have a fireplace (no need for one) so theres no chance that happening!...atleast he's ok. :)

:yikes

Poor Joey! We had a similar incident with our first cavalier many years ago, he managed to come out unscathed, bar a small singed bit on the end of his tail feathers! We learned our lesson, but he still loved to sit by the fire!!

Back