• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bertie going for his neuter tomorrow

alibunnylady

Ok, so I provisionally booked Bertie's neuter for tomorrow but it's not definite yet as to whether it will go ahead.

Why? I hear you ask. Well, he's had swollen lymph glands for a week or so, I took him to the vet but didn't get to see my usual one and the one we did see, well, I wasn't happy with him, he didn't listen to his chest or take his temperature, was very vague about what it could be, basically "it could be this, it could be that or it could be something else" was the attitude. He wanted to put him on a short course of steroids but I said no because at this stage, if he has no idea what it is, I don't think it's right to treat in such a way, I would have thought anti biotics would have been the first course of action to be taken but instead, he prescribed Metacam (anti inflamatory pain killer) which has done nothing.

Anyway, tomorrow morning first thing, we are booked in to see our usual vet who listens to his chest as a matter of routine and is much better in my opinion than the other guy.

The reason I have booked the neuter regardless of the gland problem is because I found a lump on one of his testicles the other day so although it's probably nothing to worry about, I would rather get rid of it sooner than later. It could even be that causing the lymph glands to swell for all I know, who knows, only my vet will be able to give a clearer picture in the morning.

Well, that's all for now, will let you know how Bertie gets on and will catch up on everyone elses posts soon.

Bye for now
Alison

Alison, I hope Bertie has a good vet appointment tomorrow. Please let us know how it went. :flwr: :flwr:

Just to let you know all went well. The lump I found turns out to be normal part of doggy anatomy, how silly do I feel! lol!

He wasn't a happy boy earlier but we've both had a long sleep (I'm down with a stinking cold) and he's feeling alot better already.

I have one of those collars to put on him if he starts taking too much interest in the wound but haven't had to put it on as yet.

He had the teeth removed, so his mouth is also a bit sore but he's not showing it at all, bless him.

Going back to bed shortly, trying to sweat this cold out a bit! lol!

Alison

don't feel silly alison! how can we be experts on dog testicles :yuk:

good luck to you both! you should keep him close to you. i'm convinced that dogs are great for getting rid of colds and various other illnesses ;) i think it's their ability to help you relax.

k

He's always close to me, hehehe. I love him sooooo much. He has taken to sleeping on my head of late, not the most comfortable place for me but he seems to like it! lol!

Alison

That's funny you should say that Bertie likes to sleep on your head, if I try and sleep later in the morning, Bentley likes to come up and plop right on my head! LOL! I never heard of dogs doing that, but I guess there are a couple of Cavaliers that enjoy it! :D

Back