• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Help! My puppy keeps biting

He's just a puppy,... That's what they do!! :flwr:

If he bites YOU in particular I would say "OUCH!" and ignore him redirect him to something more appropriate to chew on. Make sure he has plenty of things to chew on. !! It does stop as they get older.. Hope this helps! :flwr: :flwr:

When a puppy bites, I have always been told my breeder and many others to always Yelp loudly enough to make them think they have hurt you. Continue to do this and hopefully it should stop.

I would also re-direct like Sara already mentioned and give him lots of chews.

You could always wet a facecloth and tie it in a knot and freeze it, this helped Darby. :D :D :D :D :D

Yes, they'll normally stop when you 'cry' when he bites, also when he does it, try teaching him that when he wants to bite, he can bite stuff but not in anything he wants: Each time you notice he's biting, distract him with a toy and so he'll learn to bite the toy instead of something else. BE CONSEQUENT! Never let him do it or else he'll think 'hey, sometimes I can!' and he'll try each time again because mlaybe this is the time he can! It worked with Sam! There are a lot of options in chewingtoys, make sure you get something he enjoys and that lasts a bit. At your local store they'll know what you need for you doggy.

Hope it's a bit clear what I meant?

Your puppy is still very much a tiny baby .... he is just teething like a human baby does! Like others said, be sure he has some chew toys to teeth on, and just yelp when he bites YOU! ;)

yep same advice as others saying ouch does work and get everyone to do it. Also make sure no one's playing games with her to tease her and using there fingers as play toys. I know when lady bites a lot it's cos she tired and doesn't want to go to sleep and miss anything i swear this dog gets more and more like a baby every day. We try a timeout in a safe ares such as play pen for a couple of minutes and that always works cos she knows that she went too far. Could you try distracting her and wear her out by playing fetch or do basic training such as sit, down. hope that helps.

Welcome to the world of puppies!
4hvji1u.jpg

Try telling her a sharp "NO!" when she nibbles your hand (or anything you don't want her nibbling) and then give her a toy she can chew on.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I have given him plenty of toys etc.
I will try your suggestions and C what happens.

Noelie :D

Back