• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hy-optic eye drops

Pavane

My vet is keen on a new product: Hy-Optic eye drops. She says they not only lubricate the Cav's eyes, which do not blink completey closed, they help prevent early cataracts.

Any comments?

BTW, this vet turns out to have a special affection for and experience with Cavs.

Great information. I just "googled" the product, it sounds like it might be one of those items that should be kept on hand. I know dry eye is such a common condition that many of us appreciate the heads up. Thanks. Here's what I found:

- Product Highlights:
First product on the market designed specifically to suppress inflammation from allergies or any eye problems - also enhances the healing of animals affected with dry eye and related conditions - unique formula contains Hyaluronic Acid, a non toxic, all natural product that is extremely important in the health and lubrication of the eye

Label Details and Dosing Instructions:

Hy-Optic for Eyes

Hy-Optic is a veterinarian- researched, developed, and clinically demonstrated sodium hyaluronate eye solution that has been shown to be effective in several eye conditions in companion animals.

Hy-Optic is the first product on the market designed specifically to suppress inflammation and enhance the healing of animals affected with dry eye and related conditions.

Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a naturally occurring glycosaminoglycan with its highest concentration in soft connective tissue and fluids found throughout the body. It is extremely important in the health and lubrication of the eye.

When disease processes occur, Hyaluronic Acid amounts decrease. Hyaluronic Acid is all natural, non toxic and safe.

* Developed by veterinarians
* Alternative therapy to cyclosporine and other medicated drops
* Will not alter the normal conjunctival epithelium

Directions: 1 - 2 drops per eye twice daily

Ingredients: Vitamin B6 - .05 g, Taurine - .1 g, EDTA - .01 g, Glycerol - 2.1 g, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid) - .1 g, Benzalronium Bromide - .004 g, Purified Water

My shih tzu was just had a tear test and they were low on production..Maybe this would help him. My vet said that there was really only one product on the market that would help with this condition, but it was like $35 for a 3 ounce tube!! :*gh: Purhaps this product is newer...

Back