• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Asenack: French KC and CKCS rescue...

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Asenack, the French rescue, is a member of our board... :) ... and though I had visited their website for King Charles and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel rescue I had missed this wonderful page of the dogs they have rehomed. Even if you do not understand any French at all, I think people will enjoy the pictures of each of these dogs as they arrive, then settle in with a new family for a new life. There are many wonderful pictures (though I espcially like the picture of the cavalier and rabbit sharing a dog bed! :lol:).

http://asenack.com/Temoignages.htm

The beautiful thing about dogs...you don't have to understand the language to understand the faces! Some sweet pictues there.

I loved the picture of Elliott laying on his elephant....getting his hydrotherapy and the HUGE smile at the end :D

I adore the names!Although the thought of French dogs sporting Irish names like O Hara and O Neil did make me snicker. I see they have their own Amber :lol:

I think I am in love. Check out the collage photo towards the bottom of the Omega page- there is a little dog that looks like a Tri cav and blue roan cocker cross, with the best features of each breed in his (or her) sweet face... I want! :badgrin:

ETA: I really like the soft kennel beds. Can you get them here?

That's a very extensive website - it must take a lot of work to keep it updated.

The names are wonderful - there's a saxo and a salto :)

Thanks for setting up the translation. That should help many folks though the translations always get a bit mangled! :lol: I especially liked this:

to be able to continue to help our dear balls of hairs, we have need for you all, in love with King Charles and Cavaliers King Charles, your help and your actions are invaluable.

They are indeed 'dear balls of hairs'. :)

Karlin said:
Thanks for setting up the translation. That should help many folks though the translations always get a bit mangled! :lol: I especially liked this:

to be able to continue to help our dear balls of hairs, we have need for you all, in love with King Charles and Cavaliers King Charles, your help and your actions are invaluable.

oh that has just made my day!! :lol: :lol:

Karlin said:

wonder if cotton flannel is really one of the the dogs names or has just translated badly :lol:

Thanks for that -- I will add to the rescue listings. :)

The CKCS was redeveloped using longer nosed Charlies so they could be pure Charlies, just with longer noses. The longer nosed dogs are considered outside the breed standard and undesireable for showing but fine for pet homes. On the other hand they could easily end up with some short nosed small cavaliers, Cavaliers are far more prevalent everywhere than Charlies -- which are actually an endangered breed (officially) in the UK! :shock:

I like those little B&T Charlies. :)

They are most likely from puppymill auctions So I wouldnt trust any pedigree's that came with them to be true.
Little lacey looks very cavalier & doesnt have freckles either which would be unusual for a charlie.

Not that it really matters they all deserve nice homes

I like the B'Ts too :D & the Blenhiems & Tri's & that ruby ,lol

Back