• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Diet goin well!!!

Kingofthehouse86

Everyone I am so proud of my King!!! He's down to 20lbs as of today. He's been on a stricked diet of only his dog food, very few treats, and asst fruits/veggies... I will continue the diet until he returns to his ideal weight, if not for ever...

He has become more active since I've started this, I've noticed this because he used to be a very lazy cavalier. Not even wanting to play with some of his favorite toys. So it's helping with his energy levels too!!

The only thing I notcied was today he stayed in bed all morning...I got up at about 7am he didn't come out until about 11:30-12pm. That was very strange for him. Everytime I went in to get him out he just layed there starring at me...lol

So his morning walk was kinda shot, I couldn't get his butt to move. So when I got home at 8:15 we ate dinner then by 9pm we were walking around the neighborhood. He was so happy to be out he was prancing like he was King of the world.. :lol:

He is, isn't he?? :lol:

Maybe he doesn't like the cold in the morning, I'm kind of like that too. ;D

Congratulations on cutting the weight your highness!!! Man, now if I had someone to control MY intake of food, I could keep those new year's resolutions icon_whistling

My shih tzu Stewie refuses to get out of bed when it is cold too! He is just like his mommy ;) He will creep under the covers and pretend that he doesn't hear me calling him. He is such a LAZY bum and will stay in bed as long as he can without me throwing him out!!

Great job Aaron on getting King's wight down! I am sure he will feel better.

Boy, I don't blame King for staying in bed yesterday. I could stay in the warm bed all day in the winter. I had to carry Katie to the outside stairs yesterday. She just didn't want to go out in the cold! Smart dogs.

Aaron, you're doing a great job with Kings' diet!

I think King knows he's The King ( Mary Alice is The Queen) and they both dislike leaving a warm bed for a cold walk!!

Mary Alice has slept in all week, cause it's too cold out til later on.... lol

Our beloved Charley used to sleep in on rainy days too!!

These doggies are very smart..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

This morning I had to be in work early but was so nice and toasty in bed non of us wanted to leave the bed....but King knew I needed to get up so he nudged me until I got up...Then he waited for my mom to put him into his crate b4 she went to work... they are smart lil pups

great work aaron. i think slimming a dog is harder on the owner than it is on the dog. hats off to you. you are a good dad, looking out for your boy.
how he looked out on his walk is what it's all about, full of the love of life.

Hey congrats, that's great news! Sometimes I think the hardest part for a dog in losing weight is getting their owner to stop holding out treats. WE are really the ones on the dog diet!! :lol:

Karlin, that is so true..even though I know King shouldn't get treats I try not to but I got him Old Mother Hubbard Couch Potato cookies...their low-fat so it could help...but his fav is the chicken filets...so its hard not to give him some...but he gets half so he gets soemthing but not the whole fatting thing...

Also he gets his fruits and veggies, and his daily walks longer then he used too...but except for yesterday and 2day was just to cold for the two of us...

following your example, i got EVO reduced fat. I don't know if Zack was overweight or not, his fur is wavy and it stick out on the sides, so his waist looked thick, but when i felt his ribs they were easy to feel, and i didn't really feel fat on him, but i don't really know what I'm looking for or what to compare it to. Lisa and Joe said he was getting overweight. When he would have a sweater on, his waist went in, but still, i was worried because he looked thick in the middle. so i switched to EVO reduced fat. Coinciding with this, we've had Belle living with us and they play a lot so he's getting more exercise. He is visibly less thick in the waist now, he clearly goes in at the waist. Lisa said in her opinion she no longer thinks he looks overweight. I haven't weighed him, but his weight was going steadily up the last time i did, at least a couple of months ago. I still mix a little regular Innova kibble, just sprinkled on the top, not half and half. I still give him a pegetable or sams yam, not every day but more often than not, and he gets a carrot stick every day.

how's king doing?

King's doing great. loves the reduced fat. Playing inside is fun and all, but I really wish it would warm up so we could go outside

Aaron

I just found this post on the reduced fat EVO, I called our local Pet Store and they carry it. I have been trying to cut Dudley back for some time he seems to have a lot of excess fat around the neck area and is becoming lazy but this is also due to the freezing temps here in Toronto.

I am going to give this a try they can give me a few sample bags to see if Dudley will eat it. I will also call the company.

Sounds promising.
Did King turn his nose up at it at all ?????

No King didn't turn his nose up..but I did find later on that he had an allergic reaction to something in the RF Evo...So I switched him to Solid Gold's Holistique...but try it on him I'm sure he'll love it

Back