• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy Sneezing and Coughing

noelie

Hi,

I only have my pup 5 days. I have to say he is brilliant. Unsure if he has the flu as he keeps sneezing and coughing.
or
Could it just be the new smells that are making him do this.

Thanks,

Noelie :|

Get him to the vet right away. This is likely to be kennel cough and pups can go downhill very fast if it turns to pneumonia, which it is more likely to do with puppies. If you cannot get him in first thing ring one of the Anicare.ie branches and I am sure one can accommodate you. Anicare branches are all open til about 7 so you could call now and make an appt. (y)

brady got kennel cough about 2 weeks after i brought him home. i treated it, went to the vet and it stuck around forever. it did eventually turn into pneumonia. he was in the hospital for a day and a half, but then it did clear up. with something like that you should take him to the vet. the little guys can only fight so hard. they need you to be their advocate.

I brought him to the Vet over the weekend. He has a Lower & Upper chest infection. The Vet him on some antibiotics so hopefully the poor guy will improve. :D

Tht's great that you got him in and the vet checked him out. I bet he will be back to himself very quickly now.

What a good new puppy owner you are! You got him the care he needed when he needed it. Your first scary situation is part of the past!

Back