Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X-Pen

Post Thanks / Like

Linda - that little face sticking out between the holes in the pen is too adorable!!

Bruce - the PVC piping is genius!

So I guess I need to worry more about the height then what type i'm going to get.

Thanks so much!
    - Tara -
    Mom to furbaby Sadie Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Soft Sided

I had the metal kind that was collapsable and it was 30" tall, with the 24" panels (Precision). It worked great for a couple of months, until Zack suddenly was able to jump out.
    What age was he able to jump out? I got the metal kind but I think its only 24" (I wanted the shorter so my university daughter could use it for her rabbit when I'm done). What age approx can I expect her to be able to climb/jump out - hopefully it will last till 4mths?

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have the metal ones I have 4 of them to make a fence for our caravan getaway.

Mine are 30 or 36 inch, Debbie I don't think Kody will be able to jump out at 4 months just make sure you don't keep her crate accessable to the side or she will get up on it and jump over it.

So much for me spending all that loot on the pens for up north they sit in it and look at us sitting on the deck as if to say whay the hell are you doing why have you put us in prison.

I thought they would of enjoyed being able to play as our property is not fenced up north.
    Maybe they will like it this summer.
    Mom to Daniel, Derrick, David
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    just make sure you don't keep her crate accessable to the side or she will get up on it and jump over it.
    Oh! I never thought of that - I need to go set it up with the crate to see if it works (I was really lucky it was onsale for $45 down from $99 a few days before christmas). Oh boy I hate looking at the expense for the things I know I am not going to use for more than 4-6mths. I did get the plastic carrier you showed me which should be ok for 8mths, but then I went and added to the expense yesterday for a nice shearing pad (my husband was "what happened to using towels since we are only using it for 6mths or so). Men dont they get "the barbie dress up syndrome" some of us girls have! Really we have been married 24 yrs you'd think he'd know that answer himself by now!

I can just see your boys with indignant looks on their face to being penned! But I'm sure between walks, pen and line tie ups they get lots of play time when your camping - they are just showing you attitude like all teenagers!

Post Thanks / Like

Debbie I bought my pens on ebay and the fellow had a storage unit on Kennedy Road and Progress.

They were only like $25.00 each.

I am bringing them home when I go up north so I can block the grass off when the ground thaws in the spring so they don't track all that mud into the house.
    They can just do their business on the patio stones.

Yes their faces were absolutely pittiful, I told Frank I should go put my lounger in the pen with them.

But we are always having company when we are up north and I would look pretty stupid crawling out the gate since I can't lift my leg that high to climb over it at 36" ouch.

What we do for these fur babies.
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

Lily is just now 7 months and she learned to get over it at about 5 1/2 months. It is rare that she manages, and quite comical when it happens. Mine is only 24" high though. I should have gone for the 36". I am only 5'1" though and wanted to be able to easily reach over and climb over it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavimom
    Lily is just now 7 months and she learned to get over it at about 5 1/2 months. It is rare that she manages, and quite comical when it happens. Mine is only 24" high though. I should have gone for the 36". I am only 5'1" though and wanted to be able to easily reach over and climb over it.
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear and its good news for me! 4 mths is the maximum I need to use it with an open crate inside in the kitchen so she is near all of us for socialization period. Do you all find they are steady though - I keep shaking the sides and have doubts about jumping against it making the whole thing collape and hitting her on the head

For me, I've decided to start at 16 wks the "Housetrain Your Puppy in 7 Days" concept with crating routine (I am home all day). Once we get it down to a 80% range I can block off rugged areas and leave her worry free to travel from front door to long hallway through to kitchen and into laundry room. I have puppy proofed the laundry room to use as a den area with bed or crate starting about 5 or 6 mths when I am out or totally unable to supervise.

Post Thanks / Like

Debbie I bought my pens on ebay and the fellow had a storage unit on Kennedy Road and Progress.

They were only like $25.00 each.
    OH how jealous I am! But I am not telling my daughter who lives at ebay and kept telling me to search stuff there first!

As for "what we do for these babies" well, you know our children led the way for the dogs by training us parents first!

Post Thanks / Like

One more wkd.

But I would never imagine that you are counting the days.
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

One more wkd.

But I would never imagine that you are counting the days.
    Oh you know too well how excited I am! I seem to be able to only look up doggie infor on the internet or go stand in pet stores for hours this wk. Literally I cant seem to do anything else! Oh its going to be a very very long 7 days I think...