Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X-Pen

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kody
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    One more wkd.

But I would never imagine that you are counting the days.
    Oh you know too well how excited I am! I seem to be able to only look up doggie infor on the internet or go stand in pet stores for hours this wk. Literally I cant seem to do anything else! Oh its going to be a very very long 7 days I think...

You will survive, I did and so did everybody else.
    It just seems like it is going to be forever but it will go by really really
    slooooooooooooooooow.
    Go shovel your driveway.
    Mom to Daniel, Derrick, David
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    Go shovel your driveway.
    Heavens NO! Shoveling and doggie doo pick up is the hubby's forest! I'll compromise and go read one of the 3 new dog books I have with a nice cup of coffee

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the one we used for Gus. We're not using it anymore, but it's nice to have just in case...or if we get another pup at some point.
    This one can also form an octagon, and you can also buy extra panels for it to make it bigger.

Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Jen - I've been looking at the plastic ones. How long did you use it for Gus? He didn't learn how to climb out of it?
    - Tara -
    Mom to furbaby Sadie Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Soft Sided

Quote Originally Posted by Kody
    I had the metal kind that was collapsable and it was 30" tall, with the 24" panels (Precision). It worked great for a couple of months, until Zack suddenly was able to jump out.
    ot the metal kind but I think its only 24" (I wanted the shorter so my univer
    What age was he able to jump out? I gsity daughter could use it for her rabbit when I'm done). What age approx can I expect her to be able to climb/jump out - hopefully it will last till 4mths?

I wish i could remember what age that was. I think about 6 months, and probably had more to do with hormones than anything, he was getting into a more adventurous mentality at that age. It migt have been 24" high. but the pen was by the kitchen table which was 30" high on the bottom, and i watched him spring straight up in the air and land on that table, and freedom, I had to get 48" high gates for the kitchen so that even if he jumped on the table, he still wouldn't be able to jump over. [/i]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nangel519
    Jen - I've been looking at the plastic ones. How long did you use it for Gus? He didn't learn how to climb out of it?
    It isn't an easy X-pen to climb. Ours started to be able to jump over it at 7 months. Some cavaliers are natural born monkeys-- some will not jump over anything higher than a step.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nangel519
    He was 8 months old when we stopped using it and moved onto baby gates instead....still using 2 of them at 10 months old now.
    He didn't try climbing out of it, but he'd try to push/slide it around. He's a Schnauzer---he's faster than Abbey our Cav, but he doesn't like to jump like she does--she jumps over anything and everything!

Post Thanks / Like

No one tell my girls they can get out of their xpen. Both are over a year old and they stay inside their pens without so much as a bother!
    Cindy
    Cedar (tri), Willow (blen), Holly (ruby), & Bella (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but the farm supply places sell them for less- I paid 48 USD for the last one I purchased. Sandy