If you didnt mind me asking what is your doggie registered as? I spoke to Ellie's breeder tonight and she had asked me what registration would I want Ellie to be under. She told me that once a dog is registered under limited registration in the AKC that can never be changed, the CKCSC can be changed by the breeder though. I have talked to her and my original breeder about my desires of showing and possibly breeding Cavys in the future (like 10-15 years in the future) I know I am not ready now and want to use these years to study and learn as much as I can about the breed so in 15 years when I want to start every decision I make is backed by years of learning and knowledge. I have started my education by going to as many shows as I can and reading as much as I can about this wonderful breed but at the heart of it I truly want to learn from experienced breeders who have had years of hands on experience. I really think the best info will come from those who have worked with the breed and I have contacted breeders from the east coast to the west trying to garner info from them all.
So anyway back to my original question. Right now Ellie is full registration under my breeder. My breeder had kept her longer as she was gaging her show potential and she has had her evaluated several times by judges and other breeders she says. Ellie def has faults as there are no perfect Cavaliers (though Im sure we all think ours are ) but she said she does have a wonderful structure and a good walk among other things. She knows that Im interested in being more then a casual pet owner one day and said she didnt want to limit her registration if in 2 years down the line I decide I would like to show her. I have no desire or interest in breeding her and this I know for a fact as I know so little about the breed I simply dont feel it would be right of me to do but Im not sure about showing. I have been attending shows and trying to learn from breeders but I dont know if I am ready to do this just yet either nor will I be in 2 years, 5 years or whenever but should I leave her registration open in case I want to and dont know it now? One day I do hope to maybe start to show but I want to learn more about it before I do and I dont know with my first Cavy ever would I want to do that with her. Thoughts? I told Ellie's breeder I wanted to think about it and when I go down to get Ellie to talk to her more about it and learn more in general about showing and she said that was fine