• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lucky is Grooowing ... And a question

Lani

Hi Everyone!!! I just moved apartments so have been offline for awhile - just overwhelmed in the details. So I wanted to say "Hello" again because it feels like ages.

Lucky is GROWING. Really growing. At not quite 7 months, he's 19 lbs.

luckysno.jpg

My Question:

He no longer fits into his carrier.

I know he's not the only large Cavy on the board, so I thought I'd see what carriers others use for their larger dogs? If he's 19 lbs now, I imagine he might be 22 or so by the time he stops growing. He's not fat. He's over 18 inches now from neck to tail.

What do you use for traveling?

*Is there a carrier that works that is comfortable for you to use?

* or do you just use a leash and a car harness / car seat? if you do, which do you recommend?

I want to be able to transport Lucky safely in my car, and from time to time I'd like to also be able to transport him on the subway in NYC for outings.

Any and all advice is appreciated!!! I'm not sure what to buy and want to get something he won't grow out of in a month (if possible!)

:thnx:

He is sooooo handsom!!!! It's nice to hear that other people have lap dogs that don't quite fit in their laps icon_whistling ;) I use something similar to this when I travel:
http://petcratesdirect.com/dog-crates-canine-camper-soft.html

There is a more frugal version, put not as fancy: http://petcratesdirect.com/dog-crates-canine-camper-soft-day-tripper.html

I put the seat down in the back of the car, strap this sucker down and load the boys up! I have three dogs so I had to get one of the larger sizes. It is great because it can work as a crate if you are in a hotel. Not so hot for a carrier though. I kind of gave up on the idea of having a "purse dog" when Wesley hit 17 at 6 months. :roll

i have this "leash" thing that connects to the L.A.T.C.H thing in the back seat of my car. then that connects to the ring on his harness. then i have a blanket in the back that he lays on. he'll usually just go to sleep.

Back