• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Why so scared of the leash

Yvonne117

Does anybody else have this problem. Everytime I get Alfies leash out he hears it and runs off in all directions to find somewhere to hide when I eventually catch him he shakes while I put it on. As soon as I open the front door he walks out starts to wag his tail and is fine for the whole walk. It just seems to be the leash that scares him. I have the puppia harness so there is nothing round his neck. Any advice please.

Leave the leash lying around so he can get used to it. Try giving him treats and praising while you hold it in one hand, sitting dwn, or while it is nearby on the floor. Leave it near his food dish when he is fed. Sometimes they need to be desensitised.

What kind of lead is it? Some dogs really hate chain leads for example.

Poor guy, I'm sure this is upsetting for you both! It sounds like Karlin has some great suggestions ... I hope they work for you! ;)

The leash is just soft nylon so I dont think it is that but I will try the other suggestions and let you know how it goes.

Back