• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

URGENT help needed, Waterford/Tipp/Laois/Kilkenny

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
As per post in breed rescue section, I have a young female cavalier that needs either to be transported from Tipp (about 15 miles from Kilkenny city) to Dublin and then will need foster here, or needs someone to collect her down there and foster anywhere in that region for up to two weeks.

She is safe right now at a rescue but needs to be moved into foster asap.

If you can help please let me know. If this can be done this weekend that would be great. (y) Or PM me directly.

Sorted for a foster, thanks to Sallymum. :flwr: :flwr:

If anyone is in that area and could help transport towards Portlaoise area tomorrow, even a small segment, that would be helpful and let me know. Tipp to Carlow for example would be a big help. This is if anyone is in that general Tipp/Kilkenny area to start from. :)

Probably OK for transport but if you are in the Tipp area and want to drive her to Carlow to meet sallymum, PM me. :)

Thanks to those who offered transport help.

This is the worst case I have heard of yet. Why anyone would be ready to shoot the family dog, and a breed so easily rehomed as a cavalier and only a two year old dog too, is just beyond belief. The idea just makes me sick. What a relief the neighbor had a conversation with the man when he did. :sl*p:

So much for my Saturday; nearly the whole day has been spent trying to sort cavaliers again. :lol:

I have no email access at work , my connection is at home so I didnt see this until now . Does she need to be collected tonight . I'm in Kilkenny so would be no problem .
Thank god for good neighbours .
Would love to give this little one a home for even a little while and spoil her as much as our 2 girls .
Mimi

Your all Saints you know *ng*l I'm amazed how fast you all pull these things together. (y)

Thanks Karlin for all the time you give up for these poor babies and thanks too, to the Irish Connection you have going that always helps out! :D :flwr: :flwr:
Julie and the girls

collected misty about an hour ago she is very friendly and loves people, her and freddie are very funny together!!! a big pity they wanted to do that to her!! i have taken a few pic's will post them later!

Bless you - so glad she is safe.

Thanks everyone involved, esp Karlin for co-ordinating this :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Looking forward to the photos...

:jump: :jump:

Can't wait to see her! Thanks so much for collecting her, you are a star. :flwr:

No problems just glad to be able to help! :)

Just trying to download something at the moment will post pic's then!!

Sallymum just rang; Missy is the dog's name, very nice mostly red blenheim girl she says, having a bit of a bark but settling in. She says she's in good shape generally though could use a groom and has no hair on her ears as all the matts had to be trimmed off. A very friendly dog; seems so far to find cats boring. :lol:

Thanks to Coconut and Sallymum for helping with this one. :flwr:

here is the lady that is the cause of all the talk. Yeah i agree all she needs is a good wash and a groom, really friendly doggie and didn't mind freddie jumping all over her.

she was just checking out the place!
misty3.jpg

misty2.jpg

misty1.jpg

Ah her poor ears; I can see they must have been really badly matted. She'll feel much better once she'd been cleaned up. I am sure she is amazed to find herself with all these people paying attention to her, too. They sure are resilient little dogs.

yeah she was loving every minute of the attention, any time i left the kitchen she was barking at me to come back to her!! i said that to sallymum about her poor ears!

She is a lovely dog, lets just hope she gets a good home!

those pictures just make me happy - to see her ears free of matting makes me smile ~ I am sure she is so happy she barely knows what to do with herself. Hope she finds a good home soon. :) Bless you for taking her in! :flwr:

early days but Missy is a great little girl, very friendly loves everybody last night spent her time cuddled into my partner. She is great with my other 3. I will put her into the bath later and see if i can get rid of her matts if not it will be of to the groomers with her.
Missy seems to be a bit of a barker, doesnt like to see anyone leaving her but im sure when her confidence grows that will stop. Happily for me she does seem to be house trainned.
I will let u know in the next day or 2 how she is getting on. Prob will get her spayed later on this week when she has time to settle in.

Back