• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

URGENT help needed, Waterford/Tipp/Laois/Kilkenny

Karlin am I reading this correctly? Sombody was going to shoot that dog?? I'm sitting at the computer feeling sick to the stomach! I'm only back at my pc today. I was at the vet college Monday and Tuesday with George. So sorry I didn't know about this I would have helped out transporting the little girl (I live in Laois). So glad she's now settled. She's beautiful. Thank God she now has a safe place to live.

Yes the father of the family was planning to shoot her because the kids didn't pay any attention to the dog. :shock: She's in foster at the moment; not yet homed, but she is safe thanks to the efforts of several people here and PAWS rescue.

Absolutely sickening! What the hell goes through these peoples minds?? She's a little beauty. I've just spoken to my partner about her but we work very long shifts (with the commute we're gone 14 hours) and some days we work together so my sister takes George and has a dog of her own. I hope she finds a lovely home. At least she's safe and free from that...... I won't use foul language! :swear:

a beauty is right she is so friendly, when i collected her all she wanted was hugs and kisses :), fingers crossed she gets a good home.

Thanks for considering her. She will have no shortage of possible homes though; I have about five people waiting for a dog like this so once she has been spayed and has had a chance to settle a bit in foster I will start her homing process. I can't do anything right away as I'll be out in the US for work from Fri-Wed. :)

For anyone n Ireland who is interested in a rescue dog, be sure to get an application in so I can add you to my list. Only from time to time do I actually post dogs needing homes; far more come in to rescue than I ever list on the board here. (y) I generally work from my applications.

coconut said:
a beauty is right she is so friendly, when i collected her all she wanted was hugs and kisses :), fingers crossed she gets a good home.

Bless her. Poor little girl. At the end of the day though all these poor little dogs want is some love and hugs, food and shelter. The most basic requirements for survival yet some people would rather end their precious little lives than give that to them. Appalling. I'm so happy that you're giving her that love until she moves on to the next stage of her life. Be proud of what you've done.

Karlin, it's great to hear that there are people waiting to give her a home. Keep us posted on the outcome.

i was only a stop gap she is with sally's mum at the moment and with the other doggies there i would say she is loving every minute of it! :)

As i write this Missy is in the vets waiting to be spayed. I cant wait till 6 oclock to pick her up. Already she has become a big part of our family such a good little thing all she wants is lots of cuddles and walks. If anyone is considering a older dog all i can say is go for it ( though at 2 and a half she isnt that old ). I took on Sam a 7 yr old a couple of months ago and though i wouldnt part with sally or Toby he is so much more easier and laid back. Saying that he is the boss of the house.

Just after being talking to sallymum missy is doing great after the operation :) She is curled up on her lap at this present moment!!

So pleased that she is doing OK I must admit that when I took Sam on it has been really good I would do it all again any time ----Aileen and the gang(Jazzie ---Barney--Sam)

Back