• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Won't stop weeing

JADE AND LADY

I have lady 6 weeks now and when i got her she alway's went on the wee mat and with lady i got a information starter pack from her breeder which said if they slip up because there so young dont'give out to them as it misguide's them into thinkin it's wrong to urinate,anyway i didn't give out to her when she sliped up and eversince she is weeing and pooing everywhere in the house.
I bring her out the back in the morning and afternoon but as soon as i bring her in she wee's again .Would she have a bladder problem as she wee'd4 times in about 10-15 mins it just doesn't seem right i'm at the end of my tedder with it cause otherwise she is a great dog .

I just can't take the weein and pooing all over the place need advice . :grnyuk:

Yes weeing that often sounds like it could be a bladder infection. I'd have a vet rule that out.

Then: advice on housetraining:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3303

Basically she should never be left unwatched so that she never, ever has the chance to go inside. If she isn't asleep or on your lap she needs to be at arm's length under watch or in a crate or pen (see crate training advice). The links above should help!

PS at her age she needs to be brought out about every two hours or so during the daytime/evening, not just morning and afternoon. Puppies can only hold themselves at absolute maximum, one hour for every month of age plus one hour. So at 12 weeks for example, only about three-four hours and that only as *an extreme*; they should be brought out more frequently when you are housetraining. (y)

Do you go outside with her and watch her wee?

Sounds like she might be playing outside, then weeing in the house.

If it's possible, watch her outside too, see what she's doing...maybe give her a bit longer outside, my doggies sometimes walk around a bit, then wee some more. Same for poops.

Good luck, she'll get the hang of it soon. :)

Take some treats or some of her food in your pocket when you take her outside to go potty. As soon as she goes potty, give her a treat and praise her gently. This will teach her what you want her to do.

I do bring her outside and watch her she plays around a bit and then goes the toilet and immediatly i giv her a treat but it seems like all the treats are only aloud to be giving 3 or 4 times a day which is limiting me on how many times i can treat her when she does go any suggestions :)

You can give treats every time she does her business. Just not the treats they sell in supermarkets which are way too large (bonions, markies etc -- all WAAAAAY too big). Feed her small bits of her dry food, or tiny cubes of cheese (I mean tiny -- like 1/8th inch squares). I use my cats' food as training treats as cat food is much smaller than the dog's James Wellbeloved kibble. Royal Canin for small breeds is a good treat size however.

yep that's what we do tiny tiny pieces of kibble brken into four same with treats as small as possible. They thought i was crazy at puppy class breaking treats into smaller and smaller pieces. But i just don't want a big fat dog.

Thanks i'll try that i just didn't want to give her n upset stomach. :yuk:
but i've been bringing her outside every 1/2 hr 45 min and she's getting a little bit better she didn't get up in the night to poop or wee thank god so thanks for all the advice ,much appreciated :D :D :D

Back