• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Food question?

Shay

I am going to change Lily from puppy Royal Canine to adult because I think she is growing too fast. She is 5 mos. old today and wheighs about 13 lbs. She has done well on RC, her poohs are firm and only 3x a day. Just came back from the pet store empty handed. There were so many differant adult RC foods, I didn't know which one to buy. There was one with a Cav on the bag, but it said for dogs who are prone to obesity. I am not sure this would be right for a puppy. Hubby said to check with the forum. I also liked the ingredients in Chicken Soup. For those of you who feed RC, which do you use? If you feed Chicken Soup, are poohs firm? Sorry about the pooh talk :roll: . All comments will be appreciated! :thnx:

Our breeder recommended feeding our cav puppies Royal Canin Adult 27.
Lily is growing up into a beautiful young lady!

She's lovely but she does look older than five months!!! I think though that's because her head is quite developed. Amber still has a very puppy head in many ways and she's really lanky- although not as tall as I think, really, considerably she's still just shorter than Holly- and Lily looks like she's started to fill out. Some do mature early. Have you her spay booked yet?

I used to use Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul, but something about it just didn't agree with my Cody's tummy. He had terrible diarreah CONSTANTLY. I switched him to Wellness Venison formula and he does great on this.
It really just depends on what works for your pup and if she doesn't seem to have issues with food and a sensitive tummy, she may do ok with the Chicken Soup. I would go with the Royal Canine though, it seems to be better quality ;)

I have 3 dogs eating Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul without any problems. Merry eats ROYAL CANIN (formerly IVD) Veterinary Diet canine Potato & Rabbit Formula. She has a lot of food allergies and this dog food has limited ingredients and she isn't allergic to it.

Cathy Moon said:
Lily is growing up into a beautiful young lady

Thanks Cathy...we think so too.

Lisa_T said:
She's lovely but she does look older than five months!!! I think though that's because her head is quite developed. Amber still has a very puppy head in many ways and she's really lanky- although not as tall as I think, really, considerably she's still just shorter than Holly- and Lily looks like she's started to fill out. Some do mature early. Have you her spay booked yet?

She never really had a puppy face, and she does look older that 5 months to me as well. I haven't scheduled her spay yet. I am waiting until she is 6 mos. at least.

Thanks everyone for the information.

Royal Canin Adult 27 is the one you want. :) The cavalier on the Royal Canin food for obese dogs... well, that sums things up, doesn't it? :lol: They are prone to obesity and thus keeping a light hand on food and treats is really important so we hopefully don't ever have to buy 'the cavalier bag'! 8)

Back